cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody have experience with Pride fifth wheels

txranchinmama
Explorer
Explorer
I found a beautiful 2006 40' Pride Regency. It is gorgeous. It looks as though the company isn't in business anymore and I can't find any good or bad information. Would it be foolish to keep drooling over it? Does anybody know anything about the build quality?

Or are there others I should be looking out for? Trying to stay $11k or less. 🙂 I am very new at this, don't know much about rvs at all.

Thanks!
14 REPLIES 14

ChadHubbard
Explorer
Explorer
1. On the leaking skylight...I think the recommendation is to remove them and recaulk/reseal. I would also use a roof recoat/sealant and use this up the sides of the skylight/vent and out for a foot or so on the roof. If I recoated the entire roof I would put the roof material up the sides of the vent/skylight. Their are lots of opinions on whick sealant to use and what roof coating is good

2. On the slide, not so sure. Since the slide will extend and retract with jumpers, this seems to indicate that the motor and gearing is good. Does the slide seem to work 'easy' when you jump it, or does it seem to hang/labor the motor? I spray my slide mechanisms with graphite spray that has a carrier that flashes off and leaves a dry, graphite coated surface. Try lubing the slide plates, gears, and bushings. There may be a cirucit breaker wired into the switch circuit. A high current tripping the breaker may indicate sticking slide plates. Also, condition of camper house battery. Are you using the house battery when you jump the slide motor, or using a different battery. Our slides and landing jack motors work much better with the camper plugged in and with a strong house battery.
Chad Hubbard
2014 Ram 3500 SRW 2x2 Cummins Aisin
2003 Fleetwood Pride 31-5G

txranchinmama
Explorer
Explorer
ChadHubbard wrote:
Hi
We have a 32foot 2003 Fleetwood Pride. Someone mentioned they were manufactured in Texas, I think/thought they were manufactured by Pride Manufacturing in Louisianna. Maybe I am wrong. Ours set for quite some time indoors. Had a slide motor stuck and I had to remove it and 'unstick' it I have a post somewhere on that, might be helpful to you. Cooling unit went out of the refrigerator, but that seems to be common. Bought an Amish (I think) replacement and did the work ourselves. Works fine now.

We have a 2015 Ram 3500 srw pickup. The bed rails were too high for the camper to set level. Seems common for new 4x4 trucks with older 5th wheel campers. Our solution was a flat bed, goose neck hitch, and welding 5" goose neck onto the 5th wheel hitch plate. Some say that is ok, some say that is destined to fail. So far, so good for us. I have a post on that with some pics.

It has been good to us, but esay usage and don't pull it long distances.

If you have any specific questions I would be happy to try to answer them.

Thank you so much. We did purchase the camper. It does seem to have a few issues now that we are digging deeper into it, maybe you can help?

1. It is leaking around the skylights. I think we should just recoat the whole roof, it looks rough. Do you have recommendations?

2. The slide the bed sits on, might move a couple of inches then stall. The switches don't work for the two bedroom slides. They work if you put jumper cables on the wires it will work. Any ideas/recs?

Thank you!

txranchinmama
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you. We saw it and it looks very promising. It hasn't been hauled much at all. Pretty much sat for 15 years under a carport on a deer lease. The cabinets are very tight feeling and we won't be hauling it a bunch. Just using it to live in while working on piece of land we bought years ago and neglected. The land is several hours from our house and it is a pita to go out there and work with no place to stay. I think it will work out wonderfully. Waiting to hear back from my bank on financing. I hope it all goes through it's a great deal.

ChadHubbard
Explorer
Explorer
Hi
We have a 32foot 2003 Fleetwood Pride. Someone mentioned they were manufactured in Texas, I think/thought they were manufactured by Pride Manufacturing in Louisianna. Maybe I am wrong. Ours set for quite some time indoors. Had a slide motor stuck and I had to remove it and 'unstick' it I have a post somewhere on that, might be helpful to you. Cooling unit went out of the refrigerator, but that seems to be common. Bought an Amish (I think) replacement and did the work ourselves. Works fine now.

We have a 2015 Ram 3500 srw pickup. The bed rails were too high for the camper to set level. Seems common for new 4x4 trucks with older 5th wheel campers. Our solution was a flat bed, goose neck hitch, and welding 5" goose neck onto the 5th wheel hitch plate. Some say that is ok, some say that is destined to fail. So far, so good for us. I have a post on that with some pics.

It has been good to us, but esay usage and don't pull it long distances.

If you have any specific questions I would be happy to try to answer them.
Chad Hubbard
2014 Ram 3500 SRW 2x2 Cummins Aisin
2003 Fleetwood Pride 31-5G

kaydeejay
Explorer
Explorer
txranchinmama wrote:
We have 3 duallys. We have a horse drawn carriage company, ranch and farm. We've got the trucks. Lol.
:B:B:B:B:B
Keith J.
Sold the fiver and looking for a DP, but not in any hurry right now.

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
Prides were good trailers only problems they ever really had was the kitchen cabinets had a problem working loose from the floors and squeaking had to fix many of them.besides that and the silly ceiling surround speakers in some models put where you couldn't open cabinet doors

txranchinmama
Explorer
Explorer
Sweet. Thank you. We are going to see it tomorrow. If it looks as good as the pics it is going home with us. Woohoo. Thank you for the input.

byronlj
Explorer
Explorer
I had a 2001 Fleetwood Triumph which was essentially the same thing as a Pride. It was very well built and had a lot of first class options.
byronlj
2013 Dynamax Trilogy 3800RL

txranchinmama
Explorer
Explorer
We have 3 duallys. We have a horse drawn carriage company, ranch and farm. We've got the trucks. Lol.

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
Pride's were a Fleetwood product built in Texas. They were a step above the Fleetwoods built up north. They are a very well built fifth wheel and I have many miles and years on my 37ft triple slide.I haven't found a new one built better or that I would trade for.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

kaydeejay
Explorer
Explorer
txranchinmama wrote:
I found a beautiful 2006 40' Pride Regency. It is gorgeous. It looks as though the company isn't in business anymore and I can't find any good or bad information. Would it be foolish to keep drooling over it? Does anybody know anything about the build quality?

Or are there others I should be looking out for? Trying to stay $11k or less. 🙂 I am very new at this, don't know much about rvs at all.

Thanks!
If you are new to RV'ing and are looking at a fifth wheel of this size, do yourself a favor and DO NOT scrimp on what you would tow it with.
You will certainly be into 1-ton and probably dually country to have the capacity to pull that monster!
Keith J.
Sold the fiver and looking for a DP, but not in any hurry right now.

2chiefsRus
Explorer
Explorer
look here

From Nada Guide - 2006 Pride Prices, Values and Specs

Pride operated under Fleetwood RV between the 2002 and 2006 as a producer of recreational trailers. Building 33-foot travel trailers, Pride had been more active in the construction of fifth wheel trailers ranging from 29 to 39 feet. One floor plan the Pride Regency series of trailers offered up to five slide-out sections. Fleetwood RV discontinued the Pride brand after the 2006 model year.
Dave & Kathy
2007 Monaco Knight 40PDQ towing 2018 Ford F-150 & 2017 Harley Trike
Fulltime 2007 to 2016, now halftimers
Before you give someone a piece of your mind, make sure you can get by with what will be left.
Our Blog
National Parks Visited

txranchinmama
Explorer
Explorer
I don't think so, but I could be wrong.

txranchinmama wrote:

Thanks!

I'm thinking it may be Fleetwood Regency ??
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet