cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone have a Keystone RV COUGAR 310SRX?

jon16
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone have a 2008 Keystone RV COUGAR 310SRX or something similar? I'm trying to find the front height of the RV (the part that would be above the bed rails. Trying to see how level it would sit and still have the right amount of room above the bed rails on my truck.

Thanks in advance!
3 REPLIES 3

cmeade
Explorer
Explorer
Do the math on your truck and call trailer owner and have him do his math and you will know what you are dealing with except how much rear of truck will drop with the pin weight. When we bought our 2014 Keystone Alpine 3500 RE the dealer was 200 mi from home. I told dealer I needed 50" pin height at level. When we got there I hooked up and put 60 psi in the airbags on my 2010 Ram 3500 4x4 megacab and have had no problems for over 10 k mi towing. Take time now or suffer later. JMHO.

jon16
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking at buying that 5th wheel, and its 4 hours away. I have a 2015 Ram 2500 with the ridiculous bed height. So I'm trying to get an idea before I drive 4 hours.

cmeade
Explorer
Explorer
Doesn't matter what brand 5ver. Level with front landing gear. Measure from ground to 5th wheel king pin plate on trailer. Now for truck lay straightline across bedrails over hitch plate. Measure distance from straightline to plate. Now measure from bedrail to ground. Subtract straight line to hitch plate and that is height of hitch plate from ground. For example if truck hitch height is 55" and kingpin plate on trailer is 55" then your nose down height or off level will be the amount of drop when trailer is held up by truck suspension ie 3" or 4". For trailer to truck clearance measure from trailer to pinbox plate minus the bedrail to hitchplate.