RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
Impressive. Truck is 500hp Diesel Mercedes

29 REPLIES 29

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
Think you are in Canada rather than Australia, see his rig from this drone shot. He is on a RV Caravan Park

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
cummins2014 wrote:
I am always surprised at the roads in Europe , for that matter in many places we have been around the world . South America , Asia , Africa , how narrow they are.

Some roads we drove in Ireland they were so narrow we scraped the brush along side the road to avoid cars coming the other way , and being on the wrong side of the road didnโ€™t help :B

Go on the Amalfi coast in Italy, frightening. European Bus Drivers earn their money, to see someone going around a parked car on apex in a 45ft Coach, is a feat

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Veebyes wrote:
cummins2014 wrote:
I am always surprised at the roads in Europe , for that matter in many places we have been around the world . South America , Asia , Africa , how narrow they are.

Some roads we drove in Ireland they were so narrow we scraped the brush along side the road to avoid cars coming the other way , and being on the wrong side of the road didnโ€™t help :B

Get on Google Earth street view & have a look at our roads in Bermuda. Most are less than 20' wide. No shoulder. The edge of the road is either a wall or bushes. Maximum size cars permitted slightly larger than a Toyota Yaris. A 1500 pickup looks huge.

When a truck & bus, both small, pass in opposite directions it is not uncommon to see one mirror pass over the other.

Been to some of those islands , they are narrow . Some of the back roads in Costa Rica were pretty narrow that we drove with a rental car .We have been on some tour buses in some of those countries , and they are some talented drivers to get those buses around. In Rome I was amazed at their skill.

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
cummins2014 wrote:

Get on Google Earth street view & have a look at our roads in Bermuda. Most are less than 20' wide. No shoulder. The edge of the road is either a wall or bushes. Maximum size cars permitted slightly larger than a Toyota Yaris. A 1500 pickup looks huge.

When a truck & bus, both small, pass in opposite directions it is not uncommon to see one mirror pass over the other.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
RobertRyan wrote:
cummins2014 wrote:
Saw none of those, along the Rhine river, although we may have passed some RV Parks that had them . Possible we passed a few during the night.

Doubt the big Class A's, would be at the River locations, but RV Parks yes

The parks I saw were right on the river . Didnโ€™t see any on the bus rides into some of the towns , those are some pretty narrow roads they have compared to the US

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
cummins2014 wrote:
Saw none of those, along the Rhine river, although we may have passed some RV Parks that had them . Possible we passed a few during the night.

Doubt the big Class A's, would be at the River locations, but RV Parks yes

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
cummins2014 wrote:
RobertRyan wrote:
cummins2014 wrote:
Just finished a cruise up the Rhine river out of Amsterdam , was very surprised to see all the RV's and RV campgrounds along the river in Germany, and France. Although mostly motorhomes, and not nearly as big as those rigs in Australia ,and here in the US. It does seem they like their RV'ing in Europe.

About half the number to what you see in the US. Difference as well is rhe high percentage of Motorhomes about 50% of all RV's in Europe

I saw very few bumper pulls , and donโ€™t recall seeing any fifth wheels , mostly just class C motorhomes .

Will see bumper pulls , mainly by cars. 5th wheelers are as rare as hens teeth, but Motorhomes are extremely obvious, mainly Class C's
What exists there but does not exist in the US, is the car swallowing Class A Motorhome based on a European MDT Truck

Living breathing zToy Hauler for the Horse and owner seperate air conditioning for both called a HorseBox

Finally the Class A most Europeans buy based on a Van Chassis

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
RobertRyan wrote:
cummins2014 wrote:
Just finished a cruise up the Rhine river out of Amsterdam , was very surprised to see all the RV's and RV campgrounds along the river in Germany, and France. Although mostly motorhomes, and not nearly as big as those rigs in Australia ,and here in the US. It does seem they like their RV'ing in Europe.

About half the number to what you see in the US. Difference as well is rhe high percentage of Motorhomes about 50% of all RV's in Europe

I saw very few bumper pulls , and donโ€™t recall seeing any fifth wheels , mostly just class C motorhomes .

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
cummins2014 wrote:

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
RobertRyan wrote:
laknox wrote:
Love the tandem axle ute! :B

Lyle

Never ceases to amaze me in the Variety you see wandering around Australia

Used to see the occasional tandem axle on the OLD Datsun and Toyota, really little, trucks about 30-40 years ago. ๐Ÿ™‚ That, and duals! For that matter, I remember seeing some American trucks during that time frame that had tag axles added, usually with a truck camper.

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
laknox wrote:
Love the tandem axle ute! :B

Lyle

Never ceases to amaze me in the Variety you see wandering around Australia

This I took at Monkey Mia in Western Australia. Not exactly a small Japanese Truck, but a F750 equivalent with a Truck Camper