cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bed cover for 2022 F350 8" when NOT towing

Mark2068
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2022 F350 8' bed (OEM Suspension) and am shopping for bed covers to enclose the bed when not towing. I will be using a B&W Companion hitch when towing and will be installing the underbed B&W hitch.

My concern is, will the tongue (or whatever it is called on the trailer) hit the rails of the installed bed cover when making sharp turns? Or will it swing above it assuming I have the proper height above the truck bed rails?

I only want a rolling or retractable bed cover. I do not want the flip style.
6 REPLIES 6

Travlingman
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use and Extang tri-fold cover. No rails to worry about and gives you half way dry storage when towing. Trifecta
2017 F-350 King Ranch DRW
2014 Landmark Savannah(sold)
2022 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4

yellow_dog
Explorer
Explorer
I previously had a Pace Edwards Full Metal on my 2008 truck and it worked well. Just took delivery of my 2022, spoke to an accessory dealer that informed me that basically there are 2 companies that bought up all independent bed cover companies including Pace Edwards. This go around I went with Roll N Lock, as Pace Edwards didn't show any inventory would have to be built when ordered. My fear was if needing parts may be difficult to get, also went with Roll N Lock as recommended from 2 different accessary shops. Also there were limited options for an 8 foot bed. So far so good with Roll N Lock.

Birdnst
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2021 f350 8' bed and have installed an American roll cover for future 5th wheel use. Smallest box and 300 lb load, closes at 1' intervals.
Pretty sure it will clear any 5th wheel. truckcoversusa.com/american-roll-cover/
If you cannot take good care of what you have, you will not have anything good for very long!!!

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III
How much space above the rails do you have and how thick is the frame for the cover?

If you are trying to squeak by with 4" above the bed rails and the cover frame is 2" thick, expect it to be trashed after the 1st trip.

If you have a solid 8" above the bed rails and the cover frame is 1/2" thick, it should be fine unless you take it on really uneven surfaces.

Without knowing those two dimensions, anything else is a wild guess.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
I used a Pace Edwards hard roll cover on my 2007 F350 long bed with a Pullrite Super 5th hitch and another on my 2012 F350 long bed with a Reese Elite hitch and no issues at all with them. I initially had the OEM pin box and later replaced it with a 5th Airborne pin box. Both of those cleared the rails with no problem.

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
I use an access Lorado roll up cover on my F250. It is low profile, about 1/2 inch above bed rail when installed.

The access covers hold up well, and seal good too. I've had several with great results. The company will stand behind their product, if ever needed.

Jerry