cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

blown tire collision or comprehensive

rtaylor0830
Explorer
Explorer
I had a tire blow out and i have geico insurance. The blowout caused damage to the camper because i had to get off the bay bridge before i could pull over. I have been told that i am at fault and this will be a collision claim. I told them if I am at fault for a tire blowing (which the air pressure was checked before the trip and brakes and tires were serviced less than a year ago) then they can call me Jesus Christ for now on. How can this not be a comprehensive claim it is an act of god. Anyways they are reviewing the claim again because i told them if i am at fault cancel all my policies.
59 REPLIES 59

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
chiefneon wrote:
nano wrote:
chiefneon wrote:
I agree with others regarding Goodyear (GY) tires. We've had our share of tire tread seperation which caused damage to our 5er. GY has paid each and every time for tires and damage.

How many times have you had tread separation with your GY tires? How many miles were on them?

Howdy!

I've filed five different claims with GY and they have always paid. The first was with my used 5er we purchased. We then purchased a new 5er with GY G614 tires. We had four claim regarding G614 tires. The tires were always within the five year warranty, and never a question about miles as the tread was missing. Also each time I advised GY I was not comfortable with the tires (G614s) and they not only paid for damages and tires I had purchased they replaced all the other tire on my 5er. We upgraded to 17.5 rims and tires and have not had any tire problems after doing so two years ago. I had a Michelin tire seperate and they would not even talk to me about a claim. As stated GY stands behind their product.

Also you cannot count on a tire dealer to help you. You must contact GY to file the claim are insist to the dealer you intention and have them assist you filing the the claim.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

I did the 17.5 H GY upgrade but I never had a problem with the G. My Dad had problems on the GY G tires that came on his 96 HitchHiker. He delt directly with GY and they gave him new tires and no problem paying for damages.

It is the case of pay me now or pay higher Insurance premiums in the future when you turn in a claim for damages caused by cheep tires.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

chiefneon
Explorer
Explorer
nano wrote:
chiefneon wrote:
I agree with others regarding Goodyear (GY) tires. We've had our share of tire tread seperation which caused damage to our 5er. GY has paid each and every time for tires and damage.

How many times have you had tread separation with your GY tires? How many miles were on them?

Howdy!

I've filed five different claims with GY and they have always paid. The first was with my used 5er we purchased. We then purchased a new 5er with GY G614 tires. We had four claim regarding G614 tires. The tires were always within the five year warranty, and never a question about miles as the tread was missing. Also each time I advised GY I was not comfortable with the tires (G614s) and they not only paid for damages and tires I had purchased they replaced all the other tire on my 5er. We upgraded to 17.5 rims and tires and have not had any tire problems after doing so two years ago. I had a Michelin tire seperate and they would not even talk to me about a claim. As stated GY stands behind their product.

Also you cannot count on a tire dealer to help you. You must contact GY to file the claim are insist to the dealer you intention and have them assist you filing the the claim.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Me Again wrote:
peaches&cream wrote:
RECVEH2005 wrote:
Cummins12V98:

Maybe Geico got my attention, but their advertisements are so annoying and STUPID that I would NEVER consider purchasing their insurance coverage!

Mike

Just like the advertizements for Dodge Ram Trucks. I would never own one of those. GM always. :S

You are not buying the truck, you are buying the Cummins engine, and in your sig line I see your MH has one! Six in a row, made to tow! Simplisty and reliability in one package! FWIW the new RAM's are pretty nice now.

Chris

Yes they are! I am still impressed after 1.5 years of ownership. Except for the tires, I have a post on them in Tow Vehicles.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
peaches&cream wrote:
RECVEH2005 wrote:
Cummins12V98:

Maybe Geico got my attention, but their advertisements are so annoying and STUPID that I would NEVER consider purchasing their insurance coverage!

Mike

Just like the advertizements for Dodge Ram Trucks. I would never own one of those. GM always. :S

You are not buying the truck, you are buying the Cummins engine, and in your sig line I see your MH has one! Six in a row, made to tow! Simplisty and reliability in one package! FWIW the new RAM's are pretty nice now.

Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

Sledge_Hammer
Explorer
Explorer
rtaylor0830 wrote:
I spoke to geico today and they said that it was a collision because the tire hit the wheel well. I told them to read my comp policy and one of the comp covers was explosions which i told them the tire exploded which caused the contact with the wheel well. THEY THEN CHANGED IT TO COMP COVERAGE.

Glad to see they finally got it right. I think you just had an inexperienced claim rep initially. That can happen with most any company.
2013 Fuzion FZ315
2013 Ford F350 DRW

Sledge_Hammer
Explorer
Explorer
peaches&cream wrote:
Here is the definition as per Geico:

4.Comprehensive physical damage coverage pays for losses resulting from incidents other than collision. For example, comprehensive insurance covers damage to your car if it is stolen; or damaged by flood, fire or animals. To keep your premiums low, select as high a deductible as you feel comfortable paying out of pocket.

5.Collision coverage pays for damage to your car when your car hits, or is hit by, another vehicle or other object.

It appears your vehicle was hit by a object (tire) and caused the damage. Therefore it falls under Collision coverage.

http://www.geico.com/getaquote/auto/coverages-explained/

Peaches, if this were accurate, if a tree fell over on the unit it would be a collision by your interpretation.
2013 Fuzion FZ315
2013 Ford F350 DRW

peaches_cream
Explorer
Explorer
RECVEH2005 wrote:
Cummins12V98:

Mike

mpierce
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:
A blowout is covered under you comp. coverage - as mine was.

+1

I have had several over the years on business vehicles.

ALL, repeat ALL, were comp coverage.

Duck
Explorer
Explorer
Progressive ads are almost as bad as Geico.
Don
08-FORD F350 PSD
13 Bighorn 3055RL {For Sale}

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
RECVEH2005 wrote:
Cummins12V98:

Mike

Yea I agree, actually they all seem to have some stupid type of ad.

RECVEH2005
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98:

Mike
Mike & Donna Scheer
Green Valley, AZ, USA

2013 GMC SRW Crew Cab 3500 short-bed D/A
2013 HitchHiker Discover America 300 FK

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
JEBar wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
It applies to their trailer tires, Marathons and G114 H.

I have no experience with their H Rated tires but I don't believe they will cover the cost of the damage caused by a Marathon that goes bad .... the only one I know for sure is the G614 G-rated tires that are less than 5 years old and they get back whatever is left of the tire .... we just has 4 new ones installed on our camper this morning

Jim

Good for you with the new GY G tires. Two sets and never even a flat!

No personal experience with the Marathons but have read of several people that did get damages paid by GY with them.

Gale_Hawkins
Explorer
Explorer
SuperDutyMan drives on the point insurance adjusting is an art and not a science. ๐Ÿ™‚ 50+ sets of laws is a factor too.

SuperDutyMan
Explorer
Explorer
As someone that wrote damage appraisals for over 15 yr.s,If a tire was Ice picked on a parked vehicle,it would be comp.,(vandualism),if it blew going down the road there is no way to say it did,or didn't hit a curb,or pothole and was damaged at a prior time,the tire is NOT insured against a blow out in your policy,therefor the tire is not covered in this type claim,but the damage done by the tire is covered,and the wheel struck the ground so it is covered,but it is a collision loss,that's the way it was in PA.,and written in the policy of the major Co. I worked for at the time......collision
2011 Palomino Sabre 31RETS,5th Wheel,Triple Slide,4000W Onan Genset
2006 Super Duty,XLT, V10, 6 Speed, 4.10, Tow Command, Tow Pkg. 4X4,Dual Exhaust,K&N,Reese 15K,Air Bags