cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carriage Cameo Touchup Paint

boatscr
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2006 Carriage Cameo that needs the lower aluminum panels touched up because of wear and tear. It is a white/cream color and I would like to get a spray can for touch up.

I read a while back that some car touch up paint would work but the color and location of the article escapes me.

Are there any other Carriage owners out there that know of a spray paint or remember the location of the article?

Thanks for your help.
9 REPLIES 9

8ntw8tn
Explorer
Explorer
Our local NAPA store has a device they put up against a flat surface and it gives them the information they need to match the paint. They'll mix up the paint and put it in a spray can. I used it once a few years ago and it worked well. Hope this helps.
'08 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax;
'10 Carriage Cameo F35FWS
Det 1 56th SOWg

Allworth
Explorer II
Explorer II
You need to match the color it is now, not when it left the factory.

A good body shop that specializes in fiberglass (Corvette) repair, or a boat repair shop.
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
After 8 or so years, you can bet the color has faded and changed from what it once was. If you could find a spay can in the factory color you can bet that it wouldn't match anyway. Your best bet is to bring it to a body shop and let them mix, match and spray the panel if you want professional results...

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

boatscr
Explorer
Explorer
Still looking to match the basic white/cream color of a 2006 carriage cameo before the decals are applied. No luck at auto parts store and the local rv dealer is no help.

There is no color number in the cabinet in my unit as some have have said should be there. If anyone out there can look in their unit and post a paint color/number/paint name, etc. it will be greatly appreciated.

kennethwooster
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Cameo full body paint. There is no code for the paint. Had to replace top and they paint the over lap. RV body shop has a machine that figures out the paint color. I do not understand. Needed some one other time, and they just mixed until they got it. It was perfect. A good shop can do most anything in that department.
kenneth wooster- retired farmer. Biblical History Teacher in public HS, and substitute teacher.
wife Diana-adult probation officer, now retired.
31KSLS Full Body paint Cameo
Ford F350 2014 DRW 4X4 King Ranch.
20K B&W Puck mount hitch

George_H
Explorer
Explorer
Paint code in kitchen cabinet, ours is a Toyota color.
George, Juanita and Mandie (boss Shar-Pei)
01 F350, PSD, DRW
05 Carri-Lite 32RS3

Randu
Explorer
Explorer
Should be a paint code inside one of the kitchen cabinet doors. Look near the weight sticker. Randu
2017 Chevy 3500HD SRW Crew LTZ
4x4,Duramax, Allison.
2017 Jayco North Point 381DLQS
Previous: 2000 Travel Supreme
2005 Newmar Kountry Star
2008 Mobile Suites 36TK3

JW_of_Opechee_S
Explorer
Explorer
You might find your answer here.
http://carriage-lifestyle-owners.lifestyle-owners.com
Have Fiver will travel with little or no notice at all. I do need to stop at rest areas now and then:)

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
Any auto paint supplier worth it's salt should be able to match the color easily, and provide a spray can ready to go.
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad