cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Centerpoint suspension question

tbax46
Explorer
Explorer
Have had trailair suspension for several years but lately been wondering if one should add more air when things bounce around in the trailer or go the other direction?
Anyone with experience in this sound off.
Reflection 337
Silverado 3509HD
USN & 'Nam Vet
6 REPLIES 6

Boxer_Lovers
Explorer
Explorer
I only have one fill gauge. 5#per thousand on the axles. Made a difference in stuff moving around, but really rough roads will still shake things up inside.
Dave, Robin, and Buster the Boxer
2008 Beaver Contessa, 42, Caterpillar 425
Toad 2017 Ram 1500, Quad Cab, Limited, M&G brake, Blue Ox.

MPI_Mallard
Explorer
Explorer
I have it and I love the whole system, both centerpoint and trailair, I believe they add to the lifespan of my fiver and it's contents. The first year going to Florida when we made a pit-stop I opened a bottle of water and left it half full in the sink and forgot about it, four hours later it was sitting where I left it when we stopped for the night still half full and up-right, I wouldn't have a fiver without them!! I keep mine at 55psi.
07' Dodge 3500 6 speed Cummins Diesel Dually/6.7L Bully-Chipped /
Exhst Brake/07' Cedar Creek 37CDTSD Daydreamer fiver
Mallard @ Frau Blรผcher

Red Green:
Now lets Bow your heads for the men's prayer.
I am a man, but I can change.
If I have to, I guess...

JTrac
Explorer
Explorer
According to the Centerpoint folks you need to set the arms on each side of the bag with enough pressure so they are parallel with each other. To do this properly you need to have each side plumbed separately because it is highly likely one side of your fiver will weigh more than the other. I installed a set this spring that way and they certainly made a difference in the ride of the trailer. When they are parallel the distance between them should be about 5". I have a pressure gauge for each side and the road side takes about 10 more pounds of pressure to get the proper distance between the arms than the curb side.
JimT
2020 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS, 2020 Ford F350, Platinum, 6.7 diesel, 4X4, CCLB, SRW, 12,400 GVWR

kakampers
Explorer
Explorer
We tried everything and every setting to reduce the bounce when we had Centerpoint, nothing worked....when we order or new rig we went with Mor Ryde IS...will never go back...
2013 Heartland Landmark Key Largo with Mor Ryde IS and disc brakes
2011 Chevy Silverado 3500 DRW Crew Cab Duramax Diesel

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
You need to find out the correct measurement between the air bags. It is something like 5 to 6". I think it is 5 lbs per thousand lbs of weight on the axles. I have not measured but use 65 lbs of air pressure.
chevman
chevman
2019 rockwood 34 ft fifth wheel sold
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
We have trailair suspension and have no problems with things bouncing around. Just keep it aired up to the weight on your axles.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu