cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert Reese Slider to Fixed

belairbrian
Explorer
Explorer
When we bought our first fiver the dealer included the hitch. Even though we had an 8ft bed they installed a quick slide. At the time they told me they didn't stock fixed hitches because they saw so few 8ft beds.

Three trucks later (all long box) I still have the slider in there. But was thinking about converting it to a fixed hitch.

Is it really as simple as unbolting the cross bar and switching it to the legs?
TV 2007 Chevy 2500 Long Box Vortec 8.1/Allison or 2016 Tundra Crew Max 5.7L 4x4
2022 Freedom Express 192RBS
Equalizer 4 way WDH, Prodigy 3 BC
USAF Retired
WAR EAGLE
16 REPLIES 16

bpounds
Nomad
Nomad
As he said, yes you can. But then you've got a slider base without a home. I think you might be better off if you just bought a fixed hitch and sold the complete slider hitch. It will be harder to sell just the slider base alone.
2006 F250 Diesel
2011 Keystone Cougar 278RKSWE Fiver

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
belairbrian wrote:
When we bought our first fiver the dealer included the hitch. Even though we had an 8ft bed they installed a quick slide. At the time they told me they didn't stock fixed hitches because they saw so few 8ft beds.

Three trucks later (all long box) I still have the slider in there. But was thinking about converting it to a fixed hitch.

Is it really as simple as unbolting the cross bar and switching it to the legs?

It appears so if you have the Reese 16K part # RP30075, then you can convert it with the fixed leg kit part # RP30727. If you have the 16K Titan series # RP30869 ,then the fixed is # RP58449