cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cougar lite 26SAB

Limit4
Explorer
Explorer
We are about to purchase this 5th Wheel, any thoughts, positive or negative. I know what I am giving up to go lite weight. We have pulled a Jayco Designer for years and need to go lighter and shorter.
Any replys will be very helpful, Thanks in Advance. Model # 26SAB.
4 REPLIES 4

goxley11
Explorer
Explorer
We love our 2012 26SAB. Sitting here right now at Glacier NP looking at it! I agree with everything stated above. Plan on replacing the matress with a full size queen. The DW and I had backaches after the first night on it earlier this year. I slept better on the sofa bed with the inflatable matress. Enjoy!
2012 Ford F-250 2X4 6.2L Gas
2012 Keystone Cougar XLite 26SAB 5th Wheel

pbar34
Explorer
Explorer
The lounge area and entrance door looks identical to our Cougar. If you have kids that plan to sleep in the sofabed, you have to climb over the bed to get in and out the rig. This is a problem when feet/legs are hiding under the covers and you don't want to step on anyone... Our kids keep getting taller, so the problem gets worse... ๐Ÿ™‚

If you do plan to use this sofabed often, pull it out in the dealer lot and make your own decision here.

Phil
2005 Cougar 275EFS
2007 Chevy CC, D/A LBZ

Ofc950
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2011 26 sab we have put 5000 miles on it so far. 2 months in fla with no problems. I do agree with the bed statement above also you do have to move one chair to close main slide. I replaced the arm chair with Rocker recliners a little more weight but worth it.
Russ p
keystone Cougar
26SAB
2011 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 5.5 bed Eco-Boost
Reese16K-
Sidewinder

aussie1
Explorer
Explorer
Just had a quick look at the photos of the rig and it has a similar layout to our first Cougar with the bed going north/south. We found this a nightmare to try to make the bed. Apart from having to pull the mattress down in order to get the bottom sheet on, once you have a couple of sheets and a blanket or two and then the duvet or bedcover there is very little room for them between the wardrobes and the mattress. We got so frustrated with it that we ended up trading that 5er in for the Cougar 291RLS which has an east/west bed with the bed head in the slide. Much easier to make the bed and room for blankets and duvets between the walls and mattress.
Those armchairs look heavy so keep in mind that one or both of them may have to be moved every time you want to travel and have to put your slide in.
Otherwise the layout of the living area is identical to the 291 and we love it.
Cheers