cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Damaged panel

ROBO
Explorer
Explorer
On recent trip, had driver side tire blow taking with it the bottom panel of "slide". Also had flat on curb side which destroyed rear entry step beyond repair. Unit is 2012 keystone raptor 300mp.
Where can I purchase panel (appox 6' long almn) to replace. Not sure also where replacement steps can be obtained. Any info on how to order factory part(s) for this unit would be greatly appreciated .
2002 350 PSD DRW LARIAT C/C
2012 Raptor 5th Wheel
JANICE & ROBERT
eastern shore Sc
9 REPLIES 9

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
ROBO wrote:
I agree , it seems like such a simple part and a simple fix but your right, I know aquiring the panel will not be so simple.

If this was to me, I was referring to your tires not the panel. Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

mbrower
Explorer
Explorer
I blew a tire on my Jayco designer and damaged the bottom skirting. It was also my slide skirting. If I recall correctly, Jayco wanted $600 dollars to ship a replacement skirt. I went To a local metal supply dealer and ordered a 4x8 sheet of pre painted aluminum. I used the old piece as a template for the cuts and used a long table with a large piece of PVC pipe to make the radius bend. It wasn't perfect but pretty darn close. I had about $65 dollars in the skirting when I was done.
2001 Chevy 3500 Big Dooley 8.1L (496 Cubes)Allison 5sp 4:10
2008 KZ Montego Bay 37RLB-4

ROBO
Explorer
Explorer
I agree , it seems like such a simple part and a simple fix but your right, I know aquiring the panel will not be so simple.
2012 Raptor 5th Wheel
JANICE & ROBERT
eastern shore Sc

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
ROBO wrote:
Thanks for the reply. Yes, they were st/original tires. Had unit sitting appox 5 month's with wheels covered. checked tire pressure's and filled. Tires just came apart/tread peel. Had two spares, stopped in coloumbis ,sc and purchased a full set of GDYR MARATHONS. Tires just took a beating with the heat this summer. I will try keystone , not sure I have heard of "Trekwood' but will try.

So you jumped from the frying pan to the fire?
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Had a blowout which also damaged the underside of the slide. No dealer or builder for me to call so I was left to my own devices. I had a damaged mudflap from the truck. Cut a piece of mudflap to fit over the damaged area & glued & screwed it. Much tougher now than what was there before.

You have to wonder what these builders are thinking the way these things are put together. It is not like tire failure is anything new.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

ROBO
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the reply. Yes, they were st/original tires. Had unit sitting appox 5 month's with wheels covered. checked tire pressure's and filled. Tires just came apart/tread peel. Had two spares, stopped in coloumbis ,sc and purchased a full set of GDYR MARATHONS. Tires just took a beating with the heat this summer. I will try keystone , not sure I have heard of "Trekwood' but will try.
2012 Raptor 5th Wheel
JANICE & ROBERT
eastern shore Sc

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
ronniedean1234 wrote:
www.trekwood.com will have what your looking for, good luck...

To learn how to make a link active, just hit quote on this post and look at what I put in front and behind link to make it active. Chris

ronniedean1234
Explorer
Explorer
www.trekwood.com will have what your looking for, good luck...
17 Voltage 3970
1999 Freightliner Western Hauler CC/300 Cat/Chipped
2001 Ford F350 CC DRW/ 4x4/ 6 Speed/Chipped

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Call Keystone!!!! They should be able to sell you the J panel(maybe already painted) and fender skirt.

Any chance that these were ST tires? Internet search indicates they come with ST235/80R16E tires. Put Michelin XPS Ribs or Bridgestone Duravis R250's(cost less) on it to put tire problems behind you in the future. Both are all steel ply tires. Your story is repeated way to often.

BTW, RV.net does have a toy hauler forum area! Chris