cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Danby Microwave

boatscr
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Dometic CDMW12B microwave dated 2005 in our fiver . Still works but the turntable motor is burned out and it needs a new plastic thingy with 3 nylon rollers that are flat and don't roll well.
DW wants one that turns!

Checking online for parts, the motor, and plastic rollers will cost almost $50 with shipping and many parts now made in china really don't fit.

I looked in HHGREEG and found a Danby microwave that is the same exact size and will fit perfectly. For $109.00!

Has anyone heard of Danby and could it be made by the same manufacture that makes them for Dometic? Looks just like the old Dometic.

All help will be appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3

soyboy
Explorer
Explorer
I know this is an old thread, but I thought I would chime in. I bought my daughter a Danby to use at college, it made it through the first year with a ton of use. It will head back in August hopefully for another year's use. I'm impressed by this little microwave that we bought off of Amazon.
2012 F 150 Platinum, Max Tow SCREW 4X4, Mich LTX MS2, Elec Locking Diff 3.73, Backflip Tonneau, Equal-i-zer Hitch
1999 Airstream Safari 27', Honda EU 2000i, AM Solar 150 setup

popeyemth
Explorer
Explorer
Just got a Sunbeam to replace mine at Target, $38 with a one year warrantee.
Good Luck, Mike
"wine is a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy" ben franklin

Rvpapa
Explorer
Explorer
Can tell you the Danby name has been around for a loooooong time. They appear to make a lot of no frills counter top appliances.
Art.