cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Designer 35RLTS and Jayco Talk...Thanks Frank!!

sanderson_66
Explorer
Explorer
Since there does not currently seem to be a Jayco owners forum, Moderator Frank has graciously allowed this thread. It will be for discussing Jayco related questions and comments. Anything not Jayco related will be deleted. Sounds more than fair to me. Thank-you Frank!
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie, CTD 6.7, 6 speed auto,DRW,QC,LB,4X4
2008 Jayco Designer 35RLTS
1,450 REPLIES 1,450

M_GO_BLUE1
Explorer
Explorer
Mike,

Not a bad price for that model (~ 38% off the MSRP)...that price is a little bit less than what we paid for our 2008 35 RLTS model Designer

As for the generator one of the first things we wanted is a built-in generator which is wonderful...if you can swing it in the future get the generator added

2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 dually CC/LB Duramax/Allison

2008 Jayco Designer 35RLTS fifth wheel

Onan 5500W Marquis Gold gas generator (HGJAB - 1038D)

Mike_Miller
Explorer
Explorer
Hello, I'm new to 5th wheels, but not to RVing. Been from tents to folders, TT and currently have a class A. I've been looking at 5th wheels for sometime and have now settled on Jayco (I think). Currently looking at a new 2008 Designer 31 RLTS. Anyone know anything about this model? Looks like a well constructed trailer. This one has almost all bells and whistles; two airs, electric rear stabalizers, etc. No generator, however the compartment is wired and ready with a fuel tank already installed.

I believe the MSRP is around $68K. Dealer currently has a tag on it of $42K. Thoughts on price?

Thank you for any help, thoughts.... Mike
2015 Ram, CTD, Laramie, 3500, 4X4, SB, Aisin Transmission, AMP Power Step, 18K Superglide.
2008 Rage'n 3005 w/Dexter E-Z Flex, Dual Venture Manufacturing motorized landing gear

cruz
Explorer
Explorer
Hey folks ... Hope everyone had a great Christmas ... and what's everyone doing for New Years Eve ??

Our shower leak ened up being a lousy glue job on the drain pipe. We must have caught it right away 'cause there were no signs of any damage under the shower, or underneath in the basememt area.!

We just spent 4 days down in Apache Junction, AZ (just east of Mesa), and now we're up in Camp Verde, AZ where the temps drop down to the teens at night!! On Wednesday we're heading to Palm Springs for a few days where they're seeing highs in the low 70's !
With these changes in temps I'll probably catch a darn cold ..!!:W

Hey ... looks like we have another Northwest Roadtrip in our future. Daughter's getting married up in Oregon in February, (No ... that's NOT good news) ... so we're going to hit the road again. Wonder if we'll luck out again this time and have great weather ?!?! :h

Anyway, Happy New Year everyone. Be Safe

CRUZ
HR & Beth

2006 Chevy Silverado LT3 3500HD, DRW, D/A, CC, LB, 4x4 and RED
Cassie - pure Black Giant Schnauzer
Mollie - pure White Mini Schnauzer (the boss)

CHV_FRK
Explorer
Explorer
I tried to replace it once, but with not a lot of luck. The regular replacement guides did not work 100%, so I just took it back. I firgured someone smarter than me might figure it out later
Dana and Natalie

2018 Chevy Silverado 3500HD High Country DRW CC LB 4x4
-60 Aux Tank/Toolbox, Line-X, Full Tint, AirSafe 25K Hitch

2018 Jayco Seismic 4113, 45'7", 17,800lbs w/o the Toys.

M_GO_BLUE1
Explorer
Explorer
Ok maybe you guys missed a question before...

Have any of you replaced the thermostat in the 35RLTS Designer with a programmbale thermostat? Any problems replacing the old T-Stat?

Travlingman
Explorer II
Explorer II
2QAYL wrote:

I've hunted for that squeak on all of our Designers, including this one, and never found it.:? I think it might be a shock. Someday I'm going to get under the trailer with a shop stethascope and hunt 'til I find it. If I ever do, I'll let you know.

Dave

I have laid under the rig while wife walked around inside and still couldn't find it. I have thought about the shocks, and thinking after this trip of pulling the shocks off and seeing if it is one of them. I have put litho grease on everything under rig to no avail too.
2017 F-350 King Ranch DRW
2014 Landmark Savannah(sold)
2022 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4

2QAYL
Explorer
Explorer
2007dura wrote:
Does anyone have a squeak as they walk in rig. We use roto-chocks and tri-pod for stability, but have squeak that I can't locate. Sounds like it is outside around the suspension. Any ideas?

I've hunted for that squeak on all of our Designers, including this one, and never found it.:? I think it might be a shock. Someday I'm going to get under the trailer with a shop stethascope and hunt 'til I find it. If I ever do, I'll let you know.

Dave
Dave & Jan
2005 Dodge 3500 SLT, LB, 2WD, DRW, NV5600 6-speed, 3.73 gears, Jacobs Exhaust Brake, BD X-Monitor for Boost & EGT, AFE System 2 Intake and Cat-Back Exhaust, Lund Boards and Flaps, & Tonneau Cover.

L_MMusic
Explorer
Explorer
We had the same trouble with the slide toppers last December. If possible, we now try to pull in the slides periodically to keep dry (even down here in Florida it's a little bit of a problem in that the slide toppers stretch under the weight of the water and don't roll up properly if they don't have a chance to dry out and firm up again.)

Ceiling seams also came down on ours a bit -- tech said he used Gorilla glue to reattach.

No squeak so far.

I was worried that we had the same shower leak trouble as Cruz. Found water outside shower returning even after wiped away -- we believe it happened because the tank was so full (next shower topped off the tank.) Once drained, no excess water. Also...no evidence of leaks underneath.

Anyone know if it's OK to have one slide out and the other in for a 24 hour period? Will it throw anything out of whack? What about having slide only open half-way?

Foot pedal on toilet sticks a bit -- doesn't close all the way unless we give it a push up. Just have to grease it a bit.

Fridge is still a bit tempermental, even with new thermister. Run-off tray in fridge has ice, but temp of fridge reads in correct range (or even a little high.)

Air conditioner leaks onto the carpet when we move if it's been running for a while. Tech said it just needed to be tightened. Wrong. Going to get another tech to look at it unless you guys know what's what.

Not bad for a full year on the road!!! Still very happy!!!
Melissa
Husband Larry
Cocker Spaniel Henry
2008 F-350 Dually Short Bed
Reese 16K Hitch w/ Kwik Slide

Whatever you can do, or DREAM you can, BEGIN it. BOLDNESS has genius, power and MAGIC in it. (Goethe)

mwebber78
Explorer
Explorer
The seam tape comes on a roll in various lengths, have the dealer order a roll from Jayco under warranty and cut a adequate length for you to repair the seam. I would wait for a dry day (low humidity) and peel the old tape off, wipe the area with alcohol, let dry then apply the new tape.

You can buy 12v heat tape for the tank pipes and heat pads for the tanks. If you plan to camp in cold weather frequently the investment would be worthwhile.

Happy camping!
2013 Jayco Eagle 334RBTS
Disclaimer for the daft: Don't confuse my opinion with facts.

Come-N-Go
Explorer
Explorer
I have that same darn squeak, I need to try to locate it. It kept squeaking when we were putting in the new tv....

Travlingman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just finished a 9 day trip, leaving in the AM for 6 more days. The last 2 trips we have experienced some very cold weather, last week 2 nights straight in the single digits, first night with 20+ MPH winds, so real cold wind chill. Had a few things you might want to watch out for. The tank valves froze shut, took a while of running furnance at a higher than normal temp to get thawed out, but it also went above freezing outside. Windows let alot of sun in that warmed up rig which caused furnance not to cycle much.

Slide out toppers froze up and couldn't bring slides in. This happened first weekend in Dec. It had rained and puddled on toppers. Came a hard freeze that night and puddles froze up. Started snowing so I couldn't get on roof to try and chip off, toppers were laying on top of slides and wouldn't roll up as we brought slides in. Was going to spray with water and try to break loose, but water spiquet had froze too. Ended up having to leave camper at campground, but we were lucky as we had reservations there for Christmas anyway.

Anyone having trouble with the tape that is used to cover seams on inside ceiling coming loose. We have a piece in bedroom that will not stay up and one in living room starting to fall.

Does anyone have a squeak as they walk in rig. We use roto-chocks and tri-pod for stability, but have squeak that I can't locate. Sounds like it is outside around the suspension. Any ideas?

Still very pleased with the rig. On the coldest of nights with wind blowing, stayed very warm, also checked for drafts around slides and found none.
2017 F-350 King Ranch DRW
2014 Landmark Savannah(sold)
2022 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4

M_GO_BLUE1
Explorer
Explorer
I should have clarified also...when the generator is running (gasoline) and/or when the propane is on those doors will be unlocked, otherwiaw they will be locked when not being used

CHV_FRK
Explorer
Explorer
Come-N-Go wrote:

They designed not to have locks, so if someone is walking near your RV and smells propane, they can shut it off if there is a leak in a hose or something..

I guess I could have clarified. I only use the locks while in storage. The propane is shut off then anyway.
Dana and Natalie

Come-N-Go
Explorer
Explorer
CHV_FRK wrote:
I think that one and the propane tanks technically aren't supposed to have locks. Didn't stop me from putting one on.

They designed not to have locks, so if someone is walking near your RV and smells propane, they can shut it off if there is a leak in a hose or something..

CHV_FRK
Explorer
Explorer
I think that one and the propane tanks technically aren't supposed to have locks. Didn't stop me from putting one on.
Dana and Natalie