cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Designer 35RLTS and Jayco Talk...Thanks Frank!!

sanderson_66
Explorer
Explorer
Since there does not currently seem to be a Jayco owners forum, Moderator Frank has graciously allowed this thread. It will be for discussing Jayco related questions and comments. Anything not Jayco related will be deleted. Sounds more than fair to me. Thank-you Frank!
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie, CTD 6.7, 6 speed auto,DRW,QC,LB,4X4
2008 Jayco Designer 35RLTS
1,450 REPLIES 1,450

petekerwien
Explorer
Explorer
I'm in Fairbanks and blowing shear pins on my 2006 Designer dining room slide. Anyone else have this problem?

qbert10
Explorer
Explorer
I have concidered the swap to 16 inch wheels and tires, but at this point I would think that the axle flip would be much less money. The reason I don't want to loss any more bed rail room is that I have one place I camp that I come very close to touching the tailgate to the underside of the trailer as I pull out of their parking lot to the road.

Thanks,
Self and Spouse
2 children
2 dogs: Mya, Lab/ Catahoula Mix, Roxi, ACD, Bully Mix.
2014 Dodge 3500 CCLB DRW 6.7 CTD, Aisin Automatic, 4x4, Max Steel Metallic , Soon to have a B&W 3600.
2009 Jayco 31.5FBHS

CHV_FRK
Explorer
Explorer
qbert10 wrote:
Salty Dog wrote:
Will - how much room is between your 5'er and the bed rails of your truck. From the picture, it appears you have a fair amount. If so, possibly lower your hitch to level your rig. Good luck, Mike

I'm at a point at the bed rail that I can't go any lower. At best I have 4 inches at the lowest point.

Thanks

Wow, sure looks like more than 4 inches. I would also say that you don't need as much clearance as a long bed model.

What size wheels and tires do you have? Also what's the gap between the two? If you have 15's you could swap for 16's.

I have heard of others flipping and dropping the back to the middle suspension spot. At some point you'll need to add another step to get in!
Dana and Natalie

2018 Chevy Silverado 3500HD High Country DRW CC LB 4x4
-60 Aux Tank/Toolbox, Line-X, Full Tint, AirSafe 25K Hitch

2018 Jayco Seismic 4113, 45'7", 17,800lbs w/o the Toys.

qbert10
Explorer
Explorer
Salty Dog wrote:
Will - how much room is between your 5'er and the bed rails of your truck. From the picture, it appears you have a fair amount. If so, possibly lower your hitch to level your rig. Good luck, Mike

I'm at a point at the bed rail that I can't go any lower. At best I have 4 inches at the lowest point.

Thanks
Self and Spouse
2 children
2014 Dodge 3500 CCLB DRW 6.7 CTD, Aisin Automatic, 4x4, Max Steel Metallic , Soon to have a B&W 3600.
2009 Jayco 31.5FBHS

petekerwien
Explorer
Explorer
How many inches do the rest of you have between your designer and your truck? I'm afraid I need more up here on the Alaskan Highway.

Salty_Dog
Explorer
Explorer
Wife, kids, somebody else's kids, dog, kitchen sink

Cleverly disguised as an adult.

qbert10
Explorer
Explorer
So I have an 09 315FBHS, as you can see in the pic below the nose is still 3 inch higher than the back even with the suspension being bolted in the lowest holes on the frame.

SO my question. Should I flip the axles to be under the springs? Also does this requier any special kit or parts?

Thnaks,
Will-
Self and Spouse
2 children
2009 Jayco 31.5FBHS

L_MMusic
Explorer
Explorer
Wow! Good price grom the dealer -- this guy wants $175 for two (sold in pairs) plus installation.

He's having trouble finding the part anyway, so I bet he'll just cut it off. Well probably just let it be, unless the inside of the rig gets tossed around too much without them.

Still haven't approached the AC -- where does the time go?
Melissa
Husband Larry
Cocker Spaniel Henry
2008 F-350 Dually Short Bed
Reese 16K Hitch w/ Kwik Slide

Whatever you can do, or DREAM you can, BEGIN it. BOLDNESS has genius, power and MAGIC in it. (Goethe)

CHV_FRK
Explorer
Explorer
cruz wrote:
We left our shocks off when we raised the suspension a couple of years ago. Moryde said we really didn't need the shocks. Been using it this way ever since !!

BTW ... they're Monroe shocks. Dealer wanted $150 + install for 4. NAPA wanted something like $20 each !?!

CRUZ

Cruz

Did you know what the new length should be? I've also raised my suspension.
Dana and Natalie

sirdrakejr
Explorer
Explorer
Of the five 5th wheel trailers I have had, ONLY two had shocks. My Alfa I have now does not. If no one is riding in it, no one can complain about the ride! :B
Frank
2011 Palomino Maverick 1000SLLB on a 2004 Dodge Quadcab CTD Ram3500 SRW long bed equipped with Timbren springs, Stable Load bump stops, Rickson 19.5" wheels/"G" range tires and a Helwig "Big Wig" rear anti sway bar.

cruz
Explorer
Explorer
L&MMusic wrote:
Ha! I found it...I'm not sure exactly what I found, but I know that it's not supposed to be dangling behind/inside the tire! I'm guessing it's brake related and that we probably shouldn't have driven 150 miles today. Praise God --His guardian angel assigned to us has to work over-time.
We're in Woodbine, MD if anyone wants to stop over and check it out before the RV repair dude gets here.

It's just a shock absorber! Looking into cost of replacement and possible replacement of all four...

We left our shocks off when we raised the suspension a couple of years ago. Moryde said we really didn't need the shocks. Been using it this way ever since !!

BTW ... they're Monroe shocks. Dealer wanted $150 + install for 4. NAPA wanted something like $20 each !?!

CRUZ
HR & Beth

2006 Chevy Silverado LT3 3500HD, DRW, D/A, CC, LB, 4x4 and RED
Cassie - pure Black Giant Schnauzer
Mollie - pure White Mini Schnauzer (the boss)

L_MMusic
Explorer
Explorer
Ha! I found it...I'm not sure exactly what I found, but I know that it's not supposed to be dangling behind/inside the tire! I'm guessing it's brake related and that we probably shouldn't have driven 150 miles today. Praise God --His guardian angel assigned to us has to work over-time.
We're in Woodbine, MD if anyone wants to stop over and check it out before the RV repair dude gets here.

It's just a shock absorber! Looking into cost of replacement and possible replacement of all four...
Melissa
Husband Larry
Cocker Spaniel Henry

Whatever you can do, or DREAM you can, BEGIN it. BOLDNESS has genius, power and MAGIC in it. (Goethe)

CHV_FRK
Explorer
Explorer
On the a/c, I would pull the cover on the top. There is alot of water that settles in the back on the lower pan because of the slope. Eventually it evaporates, but doesn't have a good drain. (I did this on both though). I took a piece of metal underneath to protect the roof and drilled a hole on the left and right ride of the condenser on the back. If you look at the stamped pan you want the hole in the lower spots that don't bottom out on the roof. I don't know how that would bring the smell in if you're nice and tight, but it might be. Maybe just loosen and check out the gasket. If I can find photos of the drains I will post them.

On this bolt, check the bolts on your slide arms underneath. It may be one of the locking bolt. Also check your morryde setup and maybe the back side of it too. I would be most concerned with where that fits!!!
Dana and Natalie

L_MMusic
Explorer
Explorer
Well! We left Richmond today. After pulling in the recliner slide, I found a sheered off carriage bolt (I think that's what it's called) laying between the tires, on the board we used for leveling! 1 1/2" long and 5/16 diameter. I've looked and looked and can't see from where it came.

We hit some rough roads (95 was terrible) and the picture window valance came down on one side -- easily fixable.

And, last but not least, the living room air conditioner smells musty. We started another thread about it and someone suggested taking the hood off and suspected we'd find a tray filled with slimy gunk. Nada. Everything looks good. It IS a bit black around the edges. I've been cleaning the inside filter. What do you think?
Melissa
Husband Larry
Cocker Spaniel Henry

M_GO_BLUE1
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats Howard & Beth...

Arizona with the nice winters and Cougar, WA with the colder than %%%&^$% winters...

If we ever make it out that way leave the light on and a spot open for us...

2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 dually CC/LB Duramax/Allison

2008 Jayco Designer 35RLTS fifth wheel

Onan 5500W Marquis Gold gas generator (HGJAB - 1038D)