cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Front living rooms

Toolguy5
Explorer II
Explorer II
Been looking at 5er's with front living room. Anyone out there have one or had one.
Would like to know what you like and or hate about it.
Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess Rainbow Bridge 8/8/2023
2020 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
2021 Jayco Eagle 319MLOK
BWRVK 3710 companion
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013
22 REPLIES 22

14fan
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2012 Montana FL. Love the big bedroom in the rear, as mentioned, you do lose alot of basement space. No recliner in this model, that will be a must next time

Jack_Spratt
Explorer
Explorer
The bedroom on our FL3750 is raised two steps giving you an incredibly large amount of storage in the two pass throughs underneath

The front AC is ducted and works fine

A sofa on either side and two recliners facing the 55" tv
Leprechaun 260 DSF
2017 Big Horn FL3750

'10 Yellow Lab to keep us on our toes.

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Something else to check on. We run our living room paddle/ceiling fan a lot when it is hot. In a front living rooms, is there head room for a ceiling fan?
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

jonrjen
Explorer
Explorer
Me Again wrote:
jonrjen wrote:
Can someone address the question about the Front Living units being hot this arrangement?

I had also heard rumors of heat build up in the living room area of front living 5th wheels.

It makes sense since the AC cooled air is heavier and would drop to the lower level of the RV. As well as the living room is at the highest point of the RV where the hot air would rise.

Or you have a front AC unit right over your head blasting cold air on you.

I guess this could be true if the couches are sitting directly under the vents. However most FL arrangements have the couches in the slide outs which don't always provide the greatest insulation values. And many manufactures don't bother to insulated the nose cap of a 5th wheels which would only add to heat radiation into the living room area.

There are afew FL floorplans that I would like to look deeper into as a next purchase, I'm only wanting to expand my knowledge from others who have experienced what may be part of my future.
2013 Wildcat 353LS (on of the few out there)
2013 Ford SHO
2013 F350 FX4 CC PSD
Good Sam Roadside Assistance (it's a good thing to have):B

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
jonrjen wrote:
Can someone address the question about the Front Living units being hot this arrangement?

I had also heard rumors of heat build up in the living room area of front living 5th wheels.

It makes sense since the AC cooled air is heavier and would drop to the lower level of the RV. As well as the living room is at the highest point of the RV where the hot air would rise.

Or you have a front AC unit right over your head blasting cold air on you.
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

jonrjen
Explorer
Explorer
To the point of front living units having less basement storage I guess it could be due to the manufactures wanting to increase headroom in the front living area the only way to do this without raising the over all height of the RV would be to lower the floor which would in turn take away from the basement storage capacity.
2013 Ford SHO
2013 F350 FX4 CC PSD

jonrjen
Explorer
Explorer

2013 Ford SHO
2013 F350 FX4 CC PSD

CarolynandBob
Explorer
Explorer
We full time in our 375FL and love it.

I like how it gives you three separate areas.
2017 Vilano 375FL (Bob's Cabin Carolyn's Beach House)
2017 F350 Dually 4x4
8 Year old Pug/Terrier
9 Year old Puggle
8 Year old Boxer/Greyhound

ramyankee
Explorer
Explorer
We had an oldie, 91 Road Ranger FL, and absolutely loved it. We upgraded but to get a "modern" FL would have needed a bigger truck.
Rick and Patti ๐Ÿ™‚
2 Proud Christian CONSERVATIVES ๐Ÿ™‚
2002 Chevy Silverado, 8.1, Crew, LB, 3.73, 4X4
2020 Mesa Ridge 291rls
Now living in North Idaho (formerly Northeastern California) ... but the heart is with MONTANA STATE UNIVERSITY

Devocamper
Explorer
Explorer
We looked at many of them but they all had limited basement storage compared to our traditional rear living room floor plan must be an engineering thing to hold the weight because they all had limited storage .
Mike
08 NU-WA Hitchhiker Discover America 339 RSB Sold
18 Host Mammoth
07 Chevy 3500HD LT1 EXT Cab LB DRW D/A Sold
18 Ram 3500 SLT Crew Cab DRW 4x2 6.4 4.10's

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have read that is in HOT up there in FL units. We love the Openness of our level roof Big Horn Elite model.

ETCrockett
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2016 Jayco Pinnacle front living and absolutely love the set up and space inside. There are 2 couches and 2 recliners in the FL area. A couple of observations: The bedroom stays much cooler than the rest of unit with AC running (cold air sinks to lowest point); less basement storage but more interior storage so we just reorganized our packing; the awning on our unit is the same size as before; however the dinette slide-out is what takes away outside space and not FL slide-out. If I buy another 5ver, I will most likely stick with front living. On basement storage: the Jayco NorthPoint solves this by raising the floor plans at both ends of the 5ver giving basement storage at both ends of the unit.
Eric & Andrea
2016 Jayco Pinnacle 38FLSA
2009 Ford F450 DRW

IdaD
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:
My buddy has one...
When entertaining somebody is always having to go up/down for drinks/snacks etc

Too much up/down for me

It's three steps...how is that material?
2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB

Toolguy5
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks to all for responding.

We will see what the future brings.
Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess Rainbow Bridge 8/8/2023
2020 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
2021 Jayco Eagle 319MLOK
BWRVK 3710 companion
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013