cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Glow Steps

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
I put a similar post in the trailer section on these a couple of weeks back. I have been field trialing Torklift Glow steps for the last couple of months and I am impressed. They are far more stable than the OEM steps and getting easier to use as time goes on (reading the instructions help). Only down side to them is if you pull away with them down (not a good idea) and one locking in that could be easy to lose. For anyone with mobility issues (my wife uses a cane, and my sister with whom I am leading a Mexican caraavn has MS) they are a godsend. IMO, a well worthwhile mod to any 5th or trailer.
14 REPLIES 14

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
Yes it takes a little longer. Only time I have noticed this is with a roadstop pee break. I tend to shove a stool in by the door and use that, but in actuality it takes maybe 15 seonds to deploy them. There main reason I use the stool is because a roadside break is where I am most likely to drive away with them down.

I have never adjusted the legs yet. You would only need to on uneven ground, the height is adjustable by how much you pull the steps out.

buc1980
Explorer
Explorer
It looks that it take longer to deploy the steps because you have extra legs that need to be adjusted .I like the light in the nite time.
2017 Ford F350 DRW,2005 Kountry Star 35ft,16750 lb weight on SAILUN tire,6 points LIPPERD Level-up.New Mor/ryde IS suspension install.Full body paint 2022.RV flex roof 2023

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
Yep, although with a 3 stepper version, the standard swing out handrail is good enough. With 4, I think I would order their handrail. I saw one when I was at Torklift on my way down. It doubles as a washing wand.

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
shepstone wrote:
It looks like a great system , it would be nice if they could figure out a handrail to go along with it for those with mobility problems

It appears that they have:
http://www.torklift.com/index.php/products/steps-handrails/glowguide-handrail
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

shepstone
Explorer
Explorer
It looks like a great system , it would be nice if they could figure out a handrail to go along with it for those with mobility problems
2017 F350 Ruby Red Super Cab Dually 6.7 3.55 gears. B&W Companion 25K. BackRack. Gatorback mud guards. AUX65FCBRG aux tank. 2021 GD 380fl
2010 GMC Savanna 3500 extended 6.0

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
BTW when Torklift found out I drive 6 months a year throughout Mexico a season, they also asked me to field trial their stable load system under more challenging conditions. 2 years of El Nino has made a bit of a mess of the roads down here, and it is also the country of over a million Topes (speedbumps). God knows what I will find in 3 weeks when I hit the area Patricia passed through. I am happy to say I like them a lot better than airbags. They help side to side stability, as well as raise the rear end of the truck, plus they can't puncture. I know I am starting to sound like I work for Torklift, but I don't. They simply make great RV & towing truck products and best of all they are American, not Chinese.

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
Pipeman wrote:
Tequila is there a Canadian distributor?

I sent you a PM with the information on how to contact them for that info

JohnG3
Explorer
Explorer
tbred wrote:
JohnG3 wrote:
just installed them on our 5er. DW is VERY happy camper.

How difficult was the installation?

Not difficult at all on our 2008 Montana 3485SA. Only issue was the bolts for the locking lever. The bolts for that locking bar have the heads on the inside of the step and the nuts and rest of the bolt on the outside. Had to remove the bolts, secure the GlowStep in place, then drill holes in the trailer bracket.

Had I not had the truck connected to the trailer I considered replacing the stock bolts with a couple pan head allen head or other flat, low rise bolts with the heads on the outside. That would allow the GlowStep slide into the bracket.

I did the installation without help and found that a motorcycle lift similar to a floor jack and a couple 8X8 wood blocks allowed me to raise the steps into the trailer bracket with ease. Shipping weight of the steps is 63 pounds.
John and Elaine. Furry ones, Bubba, Buddy, Barney and Miss Chevious
2017 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40 SP
Know guns, know safety, know peace. No guns, no safety, no peace.

Pipeman
Explorer
Explorer
Tequila is there a Canadian distributor?
Pipeman
Ontario, Canada
35 year Fire Fighter(retired)
VE3PJF

tbred
Explorer
Explorer
JohnG3 wrote:

How difficult was the installation?

edatlanta
Explorer
Explorer
I am in the process of getting one for my 5th wheel. I set up on a site yesterday that is a little low on the left side so my OEM 3 step is a bit high off of the ground. Yes, I have a portable two position step that solves this, but it is something else to have to carry around. I'm really looking forward to the 4th step and the stability with the support legs. My SO insists on a motion activated light on the steps at night so the glow step will eliminate that requirement.
Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010

JohnG3
Explorer
Explorer
John and Elaine. Furry ones, Bubba, Buddy, Barney and Miss Chevious
2017 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40 SP
Know guns, know safety, know peace. No guns, no safety, no peace.

magic43
Explorer
Explorer
Our new FW has the standard fold out steps, but we upgraded our Truck Camper steps to the Glow Steps. We are very satisfied with them.
magic43

kennethwooster
Explorer
Explorer
I've looked at them on the internet, and like the way they look. Were getting older and it would be nice to own. Just takes money.
kenneth wooster- retired farmer. Biblical History Teacher in public HS, and substitute teacher.
wife Diana-adult probation officer, now retired.
31KSLS Full Body paint Cameo
Ford F350 2014 DRW 4X4 King Ranch.
20K B&W Puck mount hitch