cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Grand Design Reflection 150 Series

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
I am trying to avoid calling a dealer to ask this question as I don't want to get sucked into a conversation ๐Ÿ™‚

Does anybody know if the Grand Design Reflection 150 Series comes with built-in generator prep? Their website doesn't mention it.
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor
22 REPLIES 22

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
goducks10 wrote:
Don't have experience but I've heard built in's suck a lot of propane.
TH built in's usually run on the TH gas tank.

Yup I learned that today in another post ๐Ÿ™‚

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Don't have experience but I've heard built in's suck a lot of propane.
TH built in's usually run on the TH gas tank.

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
The generator prep option is not available on the Reflection or Reflection 150 series fifth wheels from the factory. I know a couple of people who have installed generators in the Reflection 337RLS, though. The generator prep package can be optioned from the factory on the Solitude and Momentum lines. You can go the the GD "Build and Price" tool on-line to verify this.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
We have a "hookup" at Cummins so we get the Onan at very low cost. We have one in our current toyhauler and do not find it to be noisy. I can nap with it running and I'm a light sleeper.

Anyway though, weight is not an issue with us (tow vehicle is a F350 dually). It's just the shorter length of the Reflection 150's that was appealing. Many other manufacturers have shorter trailers but they're often their low-end models that don't have some of the other amenities we want. We basically want the features/finishes you find in a larger trailer, but shorter length. Proving harder to find. We are at 38' right now and want to go smaller so so 30' sounds like a dream. But it's looking like we'll be in the 32'-34' range in order to "check off the boxes" of everything we want.

garyp4951
Explorer III
Explorer III
work2much wrote:
Personally I would go with a inverter generator like a Honda 2200 or Yamaha in place of the propane Onan unit. They are a lot more efficient and much quieter as well.

X2, I would not want to add any thing heavy in the front storage area of a 150 series 5th wheel.

work2much
Explorer
Explorer
Personally I would go with a inverter generator like a Honda 2200 or Yamaha in place of the propane Onan unit. They are a lot more efficient and much quieter as well.
2022 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD DRW Crew 4x4 Aisin 4:10 Air ride.

2020 Grand Design Solitude 2930RL 2520 watts solar. 600ah lithium. Magnum 4000 watt inverter.

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
work2much wrote:
I don't think any Grand Design units come with a generator prep as a standard. Even the top of the line Solitude it needs to be optioned in for additional cost. Since it isn't listed as an option on their website I am betting it isn't available at all on their lightweight units. I don't think it's even available on the full size Reflection models. Only the Solitude as an option.

To avoid talking to a dealer give GD a call. They are pretty easy to talk to. Customer service number 574-825-9679

Great, thank you. And yes, I just did a "build and price" on a Solitude model and I see the option there, but not on either Reflection ones. Bummer, as the shorter Reflections are really appealing to us. But no generator is a deal-breaker and the Solitudes are getting a little pricey for just a vacation trailer ๐Ÿ™‚

work2much
Explorer
Explorer
I don't think any Grand Design units come with a generator prep as a standard. Even the top of the line Solitude it needs to be optioned in for additional cost. Since it isn't listed as an option on their website I am betting it isn't available at all on their lightweight units. I don't think it's even available on the full size Reflection models. Only the Solitude as an option.

To avoid talking to a dealer give GD a call. They are pretty easy to talk to. Customer service number 574-825-9679
2022 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD DRW Crew 4x4 Aisin 4:10 Air ride.

2020 Grand Design Solitude 2930RL 2520 watts solar. 600ah lithium. Magnum 4000 watt inverter.