cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hand rail needed on steps to bedroom

Explorer
Explorer
My wife is having some problems with balance and I would like to install some hand rails inside my new 5th wheel going up to the bedroom. Has anyone done this? Where can I buy short rail to install.
Thanks for your help.
17 REPLIES 17

n7bsn
Explorer
Explorer
Saw a used 5er where the owners had used 1 inch copper pipe

Looked terrible, use real railing.
2008 F350SD V10 with an 2012 Arctic Fox 29-5E
When someone tells you to buy the same rig they own, listen, they might be right. When they tell you to buy a different rig then they own, really pay attention, they probably know something you don't.

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Finding a hand rail should be the easy part. Finding something solid behind the paneling to mount it to is the problem. If you can access the opposite side use large fender washers & through bolt it.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Lowe's, Home Depot, Menard's, any local building supply company. Get the hand rail and cut it to length (if you get wood), and get 2 brackets that mount to the wall. If you have an inside wall, mount it on the inside wall so you do not risk installing on an outside wall and perhaps miss a stud, or even worse, screw through to the outside of the camper.

Depending upon you're camper configuration, you might be able to build supports from the floor up and then a attach the hand rail.

Another thought, check in the bathroom section and purchase a bathtub handicap hand rail. I installed one of those in my mother's bathtub a few months ago. There again, Lowe's, Home Depot, any home building supply store will have them.