cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HAPPY JACK BUNKS

labrador1
Explorer
Explorer
Took delivery of our 2014 Dutchman Voltage 3200 in August,first time out,opened garage bunks fell to ground,all self tapping screws in leather were stripped,Camping World has been waiting for authorization from Dutchman for seventeen items to be repaired under warranty,we also found a tear in slide out roof after taking Voltage home first time,Dutchman says not our problem.WE used our Voltage one time,has been at Camping World going on three months
6 REPLIES 6

kohai
Explorer
Explorer
ependydad wrote:
I'm not saying it's definitely Camping World, but when I had issues and blamed the manufacturer for a lack of responsiveness - it turned out to be my dealer. I would reach out to Voltage/Dutchman directly for assistance. I've been dealing directly with the Sabre warranty manager every since my factory return in October 2013. I have nothing but good to say about him/Sabre at this point.

I have also found that the dealer will blame the mfg for not getting back to them to approve a warranty repair, but it was pretty obvious they forgot to send it in until I bugged them.

I've had General RV tell me that a part was back ordered for 4 months before I pushed really hard and they discovered they never ordered it.

Sadly, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. You are your own service writer, expeditor, and possibly even interface to the mfg. RV dealers can be really bad at their jobs.
2014 Primetime Crusader 296BHS
2015 GMC 2500HD Denali

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not saying it's definitely Camping World, but when I had issues and blamed the manufacturer for a lack of responsiveness - it turned out to be my dealer. I would reach out to Voltage/Dutchman directly for assistance. I've been dealing directly with the Sabre warranty manager every since my factory return in October 2013. I have nothing but good to say about him/Sabre at this point.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

cekkk
Explorer
Explorer
Check your state to see if it has an RV Lemon Law. Ohio is the first one that popped up on the search engine.
'11 Eagle 320RLDS '02 Ford F350 DRW 7.3 PSD
"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch and do nothing" - Albert Einstein."

sadiesassy
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Forest River5th wheel that has been in some sort of repair for 400 of the last 540 days. Most of the time you have to fight Forest River to get warranty repairs ( They always deny - then you send them pictures and documentation and they eventually have to do it.

But most of those days are : FIghting for Warranty repairs, Waiting for parts, and then the actual repairs - if they send the right parts.

The two largest times were - about 80 days each. Took a month to replace a battery. Really.

There is a strong lobby for the trailer industry.
What we need to push for is that Sales places need to have the authority to judge warranty repairs and do them without waiting for the MAnufacturers to play the - not going to warrant it game.

Moved from Forum Technical Support

cekkk
Explorer
Explorer
Very sorry to hear of your troubles. There is no excuse for the run around you are getting. I would be on the phone with all concerned until they developed migraines. I have not heard good things about that manufacturer, although I'm sure many of their owners are happy with theirs.
'11 Eagle 320RLDS '02 Ford F350 DRW 7.3 PSD
"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch and do nothing" - Albert Einstein."