cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Help me decide, take it or leave it

Johnnybgood
Explorer
Explorer
Went to look at a Triple E Topaz 240rl xl. It has just about every bell and whistle you could ask for, Inside, slides, outside look great. Problem is i got on top and walked the roof. While I didnโ€™t hear anything that sounded ominous I did note that there were 2 or 3 areas where it felt like the board under that EDPM was warped or come unglued from the rest of the roof. I did not see any leaks in that area on the inside and everything looked like it was well sealed. NADA says it is worth 21,0000 they are willing to take 15000. What say you? Take it or Run?
19 REPLIES 19

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
The roof is probably not surprising since it is an RV. Mine has been like that for years. A lot of roof damage seems to happen around the items that go through the roof or where things like ladders are fastened. Have you looked extremely close for water damage? I'm no expert but I have looked at my share of used RVs and it's surprising how close you can come to missing the tell tale signs of water damage. Water damage that is there but it isnt obvious. One of those things is fine little pimple like dots on the walls. Look closely down in the corners and in the corners of the slides. Use something sharp to poke in the carpet to check for soft wood. Edges that are under trim will often start to expose water damage first so look closely for loose trim or faint discoloring.

People will lie lie lie to get rid of their problems.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
I toured the triple E factory in 2004. It was a quality place. Does this one have metal studs in the walls or are they wood? If metal, I'd say "go for it".
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Johnnybgood
Explorer
Explorer
2007. Built in Canada, four season. Rated to -30.

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Never heard of a Triple E Topaz. What year is it?
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Oh, starting out with a suspect roof... What does your pro inspector say?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad