cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hydraulic Slide Out issue

thetechie01
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2017 Heartland Elkridge 38RSRT. We got it used earlier this year, and absolutely love it!

Recently I have been having a little issue with my slides. All 5 are on one switch, push it and they all go, one after the other. My issue is when retracting the slides. Two of them come in just fine, then the motor just keeps running and the other three don't come in. If I run the others in and out a few times slightly, eventually the others come in with no issues at all, just suddenly works. Happens when plugged in to shore power or not, fluid is all topped off.. I've never had a problem putting them out, only when retracting. Any ideas?
Greatest bunkhouse I've ever seen! Elkridge 38RSRT, 2012 F-350
5 REPLIES 5

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
Very well could be the electric breakers going south. I'd replace them. Had to do that both on our old coach and even coach in sig last year. Old coach, 1 switch operated all 3 slides. New one, 1 does the dinette/theater seats and ent center/pantry/stove/fridge. 2nd switch does the main hallway/bed slide. You'll find them near the battery on a buss bar.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

thetechie01
Explorer
Explorer
Flute Man wrote:
You might want to call the manufacturer of the hydraulic system to ask their opinion.
You might have a limit switch problem on the last slide that comes in prior to the ones that donโ€™t. I suspect that until the retracted position limit switch is satisfied The rest of the sequence will not work.

You may call me if you wish and I will help you over the phone.I am a retired electrical engineer specializing in control systems.

Thatโ€™s interesting.. Iโ€™m not sure if they have switches, it seems to just be which ever one has the least resistance goes first, if I put a bunch of weight on one of them, it has changed the sequence. They donโ€™t go out and retract in the same order either. Sometimes one will go half way and then another will start, then it picks back up again after the other one finishes.

thetechie01
Explorer
Explorer
eHoefler wrote:
Check your fluid level in the hydraulic resevoir. Must be checked when all slides are fully retracted!

Fluid is full

Flute_Man
Explorer
Explorer
You might want to call the manufacturer of the hydraulic system to ask their opinion.
You might have a limit switch problem on the last slide that comes in prior to the ones that donโ€™t. I suspect that until the retracted position limit switch is satisfied The rest of the sequence will not work.

You may call me if you wish and I will help you over the phone.I am a retired electrical engineer specializing in control systems.
Jerry Parr
05 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350
04 Honda CR-V
Ham Radio K7OU
Retired EE
Jrparr32@gmail.com
602-321-8141
Full-timer

eHoefler
Explorer II
Explorer II
Check your fluid level in the hydraulic resevoir. Must be checked when all slides are fully retracted!
2021 Ram Limited, 3500, Crew Cab, 1075FTPD of Torque!, Max Tow, Long bed, 4 x 4, Dually,
2006 40' Landmark Mt. Rushmore