cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

If you were looking for a good used fifth wheel

nano
Explorer
Explorer
that was 30 feet or under (overall length), what brands/models would you be looking at?
2013 Keystone Cougar 333MKS
8 REPLIES 8

nano
Explorer
Explorer
bpounds wrote:
nano wrote:
that was 30 feet or under (overall length), what brands/models would you be looking at?

Would depend on budget and how I intended to use it. But for me, I would be looking at a Cougar. How has your 333 worked for you? My 278 has been good to us. The Cougar is easy to find on the used market, because they sell the heck out of them.

Our 333 has been good. No major problems besides replacing the touch control panel twice. I really love the layout. We just want to downsize if we can sell our Cougar for the right price. I'd like to stick around $20,000 or so for a used 5er.
2013 Keystone Cougar 333MKS

PatRenee
Explorer
Explorer
Open Range is awesome... we love ours.. 2 year warranty.... 4 season.. very well built...

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
x3 on the Artic Fox. They make a older, short rk unit that is very nice.
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us

chiefneon
Explorer
Explorer
Howdy!

X2 on the Artic Fox, they are well built.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
I have a friend with a Cedar Creek, and he really likes it!

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com

Njmurvin
Explorer
Explorer
I'll throw Arctic Fox 27-5L into the ring. I just bought a gently used 2011. It measures 28'1". AF is well constructed, rated 4 seasons (which implies better insulation) and the manufacturer (Northwoods) is still in business. The downside is that it's heavy (12K GVWR) for its size. That's probably due to the fact that it is a high profile (tall) trailer. Most of the shorter 5th wheels I looked at were "lite" models with a lower profile. In several models we looked at, I couldn't stand up in the bedrooms and I'm only 5'10". We also like the rear kitchen which - in the shorter trailers - seems to provide much more kitchen cabinet and counter space than their mid-kitchen couterparts. Finally, if this is important to you, you can get to the fridge, sinks, dinette, bathroom and bed without extending either of the slides.
2020 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Duramax 4x4 Crew Cab Standard box

2011 Arctic Fox 27.5L

bpounds
Nomad
Nomad
nano wrote:

Would depend on budget and how I intended to use it. But for me, I would be looking at a Cougar. How has your 333 worked for you? My 278 has been good to us. The Cougar is easy to find on the used market, because they sell the heck out of them.
2006 F250 Diesel
2011 Keystone Cougar 278RKSWE Fiver

Fire_Instructor
Explorer
Explorer
We must have looked at 20 brands at the Harrisburg show last fall (new), and as we talked about the floorpan that we had finally settled on at dinner, and planned on going back the next day to make a deal, the Jayco quality kept coming into the discussion. Jaycee had a very similar floorpan, for about $10k more, but there was far more that was standard on the Jayco that was an upcharge on the other, and the quality couldn't be compared.....
Fire Instructor

2022 Coachmen Leprechaun 319MB