Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Installing a facet

jadednightdrago
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,

I have a 2002 Alumascape 5th wheel that I've been trying to install a shower faucet on. I have replaced the bathroom sink faucet, and my shower faucet is very similar. I have everything in correctly, no leaks or anything, but now I can't get the plate to go back into the wall right. I think the water line is hitting the wall because when I try to push it back, it just stops.

The new faucet is just like the old one, except it has handles and not the dials. I have doubled checked that, and everything is right.

The biggest issue, I think, is that the faucet is right in the corner of the shower, so the pipes just but up against the corner.

How can I get the faucet to go in correctly?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
3 REPLIES 3

avvidclif1
Explorer
Explorer
Probably because the pipes are farther apart than the original.
Clif & Millie
2009 Ford F350 SRW CC Lariat 6.4 Diesel
2015 Heartland Cyclone HD CY3418 Toy Hauler

jadednightdrago
Explorer
Explorer
The problem is, is that the pipes go into a corner, and I have no idea why they aren't going back into the corner. So what I did is I spaced out the mount evenly and put a barrier, like aquarium tubing, and tightened the plate down evenly. I then put bathroom caulking (the same kind I used when the old one leaked) on it. I'm letting it dry now. The gap wasn't big, so I'm hoping that'll do the trick.

I just think that was an awful design on holiday rambler's end. But then again, I don't understand why they set things up the way the do lol.

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Without being there, or seeing a pic of the problem, it is hard to give any advice. If the rear of the new faucet has the same clearance as the old one, it should work. Do you maybe need to put something between the water lines, to spread them, so rear of faucet will clear?

Jerry