cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

internet service

Roadking5002
Explorer
Explorer
I'm going to be a full timer for the first time. I'm also a gamer(PS4) and I play online. What would be the best service for me to continue to be able to do this??
5 REPLIES 5

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
Many of the RV parks have WiFi either free or for a fee...it's not always the best and at certin times of the day will be slow. But since most gamers tend to fight late into the night it may work for you as an alternative to a data plan type solution.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

Mellenicom. But you will need to purchase a device from ebay as they are currently sold out. They offer 20 gigs for $90 per month, no contract.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
Roadking5002 wrote:
I'm going to be a full timer for the first time. I'm also a gamer(PS4) and I play online. What would be the best service for me to continu to be able to do this??

As "2oldman" suggested, the *Technology Corner* forum (here) should have the info (and more "techies") to help with your question.

Another great source for a full timer would be the Escapees forums
(*LOTS* of full-timers)..... and over there the specific forum you would want is -
"Internet Access on The Road"

Game on!..;)

~

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
We use the VERIZON MIFI 3GB grandfathered-in 3GB DATAPLAN for $30 a month cost. Just barely allows us to check our emails - check-in with the kids - and pay some bills on-line. Will get in some internet surfing but have to watch it close.

Not able to downstream any video movies or TV SHOWs as they usually eat up around 1-2GB an hour...

There are some 20GB plans available but most all of the carriers now is cutting back on data when you start using a large amount. Using large amounts of DATA is getting more expensive now even if you can find it...

Just read on here today that VERZION is now going to cut back on their grandfathered-in accounts.

VERIZON seems to be the best carrier for us especially for those way off the road places we like to go to here on the east side of the US. Anywhere our Verizon Cell Phone setup work the MIFI unit will also connect and create a WIFI HOTSPOT for up to 5 of our WIFI enabled toys..

Good luck
Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Technology forum please.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman