cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Is Pro Series the same as Reese?

rctoyguy
Explorer
Explorer
Looking at a Pro Series 16k hitch - notice the Reese 16k looks very much like it and the specs appear to be the same.
Is ProSeries made by Reese? Maybe as a lower priced option?
2013 Ram 2500 Laramie Longhorn 4x4 CC CTD
B&W Patriot 16K
2017 Forest River Surveyor 299RLOK
11 REPLIES 11

filrupmark
Explorer
Explorer
Good decision. The B&W Patriot is a great hitch.
2004 Ford F250 Super Duty 6.0 Diesel, Bilstein 4600 Shocks, 16K B&W Patriot, Michelin M&S
2014 Augusta Flex AF34RS Trailair Tri Glide pinbox,
JT Strong Arms , Bridgestone R250'S, KYB Monotube Gas shocks
Finally a smooth ride !!!

rctoyguy
Explorer
Explorer
After a little more digging, I decided to go with a Patriot. Was afraid I wouldn't be able to find anything other than the pro-series in time - thankfully I was. Can't wait to try it out!
B&W Patriot 16K

filrupmark
Explorer
Explorer
We had a Drawtite slider for 9 years.The Drawtite is the same as the Reese .The drawtite developed quite a bit of slack so I replaced it with a B & W Patriot on the Drawtite rails . Much better hitch and smoother ride .
2004 Ford F250 Super Duty 6.0 Diesel, Bilstein 4600 Shocks, 16K B&W Patriot, Michelin M&S
2014 Augusta Flex AF34RS Trailair Tri Glide pinbox,
JT Strong Arms , Bridgestone R250'S, KYB Monotube Gas shocks
Finally a smooth ride !!!

Merrythought
Explorer
Explorer
Dealer installed a 16k Reese Pro manual slider. On our first trip, the slider never failed to slide. Upgraded to a Pullrite 16k autoslider while on the trip. There is a significant difference between the Reese Pro and the Pullrite as far as quality and function. This is our first fifth wheel so we had no real experience with hitches and had little time to prepare for a scheduled four week trip when we traded our TT on the 5er so we relied on the dealer. Dumb move on our part.

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
JesLookin wrote:
I had a Reese Pro Series 16K then upgraded to the Patriot. The Patriot was better than the Pro Series. Then upgraded to B&W. The B&W is much better than either of the others.

Huh, :h we are talking about a (B&W Patriot), made/designed in the B&W plant.

Jerry

JesLookin
Explorer
Explorer
I had a Reese Pro Series 16K then upgraded to the Patriot. The Patriot was better than the Pro Series. Then upgraded to B&W. The B&W is much better than either of the others.
2013 Arctic Fox 27-5L
2014 Ram 3500 6.7L CTD, Crew Cab

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
rctoyguy wrote:
I'm reading a bunch of good stuff about the patriot. Wouldn't the same rail system that the dealer plans to install for the pro series work with the patriot? Maybe I let them install the rails but buy the patriot from somewhere else.
Like I said, got a time crunch and almost have to fit the install schedule from the dealer.

Yes, the Patriot will fit the Reese rails. It will not take long to get the hitch from E-trailer, even with their free shipping. I think they can almost overnight to you, if you want to pay for it.

Jerry

rctoyguy
Explorer
Explorer
I'm reading a bunch of good stuff about the patriot. Wouldn't the same rail system that the dealer plans to install for the pro series work with the patriot? Maybe I let them install the rails but buy the patriot from somewhere else.
Like I said, got a time crunch and almost have to fit the install schedule from the dealer.
B&W Patriot 16K

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
I think the pro series is in the lower level of Reese's lineup. They do have better/higher quality hitches.

Like many, I am a B&W hitch fanboy. I am more familiar with them. The B&W 16K Patriot hitch is an excellent hitch, very good quality, user friendly, and not much price difference than the Pro 16K.

Check at E-Trailer for price.

Jerry

rctoyguy
Explorer
Explorer
So is this a decent hitch? Mid-level? I know I can spend more, but I'm in sort of a time crunch and this is what's available.
B&W Patriot 16K

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad