cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Jayco Polar Bear Package

mufcn01
Explorer
Explorer
I am heading north to Alberta after wintering in AZ. It looks like I will hit some -10C overnight temps. I'd rather not winterize the unit and I don't like the idea of towing with the heater on. Is the Polar Bear package enough insulation to prevent freezing of my waterlines etc.?
10 REPLIES 10

boubou64
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for the update, good to know we can rely on the Polar pkg to keep the trailer toasty and not freeze.
Unlike you, we are winterizing now and not Rv ing until next spring ๐Ÿ˜ž
have good time
http://3dogsandacamper.tumblr.com
2013 Jayco Eagle HT 23.5
2010 Ram 1500 HEMI with integrated brake controller, tow mirrors and Michelins LTX/AT2 275/65R20 max load: 3750 lbs. @ 80 psi
Superglide 2700
Timbrens

mufcn01
Explorer
Explorer
A final update on the question I asked back in the spring. It was -13C in Lethbridge and remained cool for quite a while once we were home, north of Edmonton. I kept the trailer plugged in in my driveway and eventually went and dumped water and sewage and there were no problems at all. It was a cold spring in Edmonton so I hope not to have to worry about this in future. Thanks for all your feedback.

hone_eagle
Explorer
Explorer
Cold temps and 60 mph 'breeze' could combine to freeze up ,I would try to drain on last day of travel.
2005 Volvo 670 singled freedomline 12 speed
Newmar 34rsks 2008
Hensley trailersaver TSLB2H
directlink brake controller

-when overkill is cheaper-

boubou64
Explorer
Explorer
mufcn01 wrote:
Thanks everyone for your helpful comments. I am in St George, Utah and it was well into the 90's today....hard to believe I'm even asking the question! We are doing about 7 hours a day...Brigham City tomorrow, then over the Monida Pass to Dillon, MT, then Lethbridge, AB, then home to Edmonchuk My main worry is freezing up the pipes...so if the RV is warmed up once we stop, it sounds like I should be OK, but if in doubt I`ll open the low point drains as suggested.

Edmonton just received 20 cm of snow :E
I was told by the dealer to consider blowing the lines out when returning from our trip to the OBX late April if the weather stays this cold.
We have a Jayco Eagle with the polar package.
http://3dogsandacamper.tumblr.com
2013 Jayco Eagle HT 23.5
2010 Ram 1500 HEMI with integrated brake controller, tow mirrors and Michelins LTX/AT2 275/65R20 max load: 3750 lbs. @ 80 psi
Superglide 2700
Timbrens

mufcn01
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone for your helpful comments. I am in St George, Utah and it was well into the 90's today....hard to believe I'm even asking the question! We are doing about 7 hours a day...Brigham City tomorrow, then over the Monida Pass to Dillon, MT, then Lethbridge, AB, then home to Edmonchuk My main worry is freezing up the pipes...so if the RV is warmed up once we stop, it sounds like I should be OK, but if in doubt I`ll open the low point drains as suggested.

alboy
Explorer
Explorer
Open Your low point draines and a tap,it will remove enough that you won,t have to even worry about it,have done it many times with no issues,

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
the main unit may be winter resistant with dual pain windows, extra insulation, etc. but are the tanks and below floor piping, etc. well insulated. I think it all depends on how much time is spent traveling where things could cool off.
bumpy

JEBar
Explorer
Explorer
which Jayco camper do you have .... their Eagle, Pinnacle, and Seismic lines have all been independently tested and certified from 0 to 100 degrees .... along with their JayFlight units that come with an upgraded insulation package, so long as the camper's furnace is working, I wouldn't be to worried about -10

Jim
'07 Freightliner Sportchassis
'06 SunnyBrook 34BWKS

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
How many hours is the drive per day and the daytime temps?
Otherwise I think you are fine while in use each night.

WoodGlue
Explorer
Explorer
mufcn01 wrote:
I am heading north to Alberta after wintering in AZ. It looks like I will hit some -10C overnight temps. I'd rather not winterize the unit and I don't like the idea of towing with the heater on. Is the Polar Bear package enough insulation to prevent freezing of my waterlines etc.?

If you're talking about driving without the heater on, you should be fine.

WoodGlue
2002 Land Rover Discovery II
2014 Lance 1685 - Loaded - 4 Seasons - Solar - 2 AGM's
When Hell Freezes Over - I'll Camp There Too!
Lance Travel Trailer Info - Lance 1685 Travel Trailer - Lance 1575 Trailer