cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

JT Strong Arms Arrived today

JW_of_Opechee_S
Explorer
Explorer
Got home to find my box with JT Strong Arms leaning againt the garage door. Looks like I have a weekend project in store:) Hope it goes as easy as most have said who have them. Now I won't be listening to the DW telling me I need to walk softer.
Have Fiver will travel with little or no notice at all. I do need to stop at rest areas now and then:)
19 REPLIES 19

Dandy_Dan
Explorer
Explorer
dapperdan wrote:
There must be something going on with those JT Strongarms. Yesterday we were in Shipshewana Indiana killing time while our RV was being worked on in LaGrange, anyway right on the corner of HWY 5 and HWY 20 just south of Shipshewana is an Open Range plant, there had to be at least a hundred trailers sitting in their yard. Every trailer that I could see had them JT's on them! Open Range MUST be installing them as "factory installed option", I never saw so many trailers ALL with the JT's!

Dan

Dan you will find that the Open Range company although not that old is trying to be cutting edge. Ours was the 162 unit they built. Granted we had a little problem and took it back to the factory. We were treated extremely well by the tech and office folks. What we went there to get fixed was done in one shift and then they asked us if there was anything else that might be needed and after telling them of a couple of little things we camped in the unit overnight and took it back the next day and a few hours later all was fixed in addition to a couple of things we did not even know about.
I have no relationship with the company other than being a satisfied customer. I would like to look into the JT's as ours was too young at the time.
dan218b@tds.net
Dan and Lori Branson
Anna 1 and Lily( The new one)
Sarah-7/16 and Beau at the Rainbow bridge
2015 Ford SD350 Crew Cab Power Stroke
2009 Open Range 337RLS
Old Fella Rally Member
RV.Net Ohio Rally Member

dapperdan
Explorer
Explorer
There must be something going on with those JT Strongarms. Yesterday we were in Shipshewana Indiana killing time while our RV was being worked on in LaGrange, anyway right on the corner of HWY 5 and HWY 20 just south of Shipshewana is an Open Range plant, there had to be at least a hundred trailers sitting in their yard. Every trailer that I could see had them JT's on them! Open Range MUST be installing them as "factory installed option", I never saw so many trailers ALL with the JT's!

Dan

lakeside013104
Explorer
Explorer
jerb wrote:
on a side note after you get camper level and lock the arms, raise or lower landing gear just a bit to take play out of everything!

Per the instructions that came with my JTs:

1. Level RV side to side and front to rear.
2. Lower the FRONT of RV 3/4" to 1" lower than the REAR.
3. Lower and set rear stabilizer jacks.
4. Tighten the "T" handle bolts on the 2 REAR Strong-Arm Jack Stabilizers.
5. Raise the FRONT of the RV to make it level: front to rear.
6. Tighten the "T" handle bolts on the 4 FRONT Strong-Arm Jack Stabilizers.
7. "BUMP" the FRONT electric jack switch so the jacks lift the front of the RV very slightly. This action eliminates the play (movement) at the bolts and bolt holes between the JT stabilizers and the RV frame.
8. Enjoy your Rock - Steady RV.

Lakeside

hoopers
Explorer
Explorer
goducks10 wrote:
ddschuman wrote:
Word of advice...always always remember to loosen the T's before trying to raise or lower the landing gear. Oh, the landing gear WILL still move but it puts a very bad strain on the motor! Don't ask me how I know this. Oh my, lesson learned...forgot the darn things were there. Both of us looking with confused looks on our face "why is the landing gear moving SO slow?" Yeah...that happened! Luckily, no damage was done. We realized it before we moved it too much. One of those little (Big) "oops" moments.

We LOVE our JT Strong Arms though. They make a tremendous difference!

x2 on that. I put a small piece of clear tape right above the landing gear switch and wrote with a black felt pen 'Loosen Bolts'.

x3 on that. Dont have the trailer anymore that had JT's on them, but I did the no-no two or three times.
2014 Winnebego Vista 30T
2017 Ford Expedition
Texas gulf coast, Colorado, or on the road camping somewhere

lee_worsdell
Explorer
Explorer
I did mine in half hour. I used a impact gun bought 3\8 self taping bolts . The impact gun put them right thru the frame in no time. It was very easy

Scott_85
Explorer
Explorer
Can you please post some pics?
TV: 2013 Ram 2500 Laramie, G56, Andersen Ultimate 5th Wheel Hitch.
5er: 2013 Coachmen Chaparral 280RLS

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
ddschuman wrote:
Word of advice...always always remember to loosen the T's before trying to raise or lower the landing gear. Oh, the landing gear WILL still move but it puts a very bad strain on the motor! Don't ask me how I know this. Oh my, lesson learned...forgot the darn things were there. Both of us looking with confused looks on our face "why is the landing gear moving SO slow?" Yeah...that happened! Luckily, no damage was done. We realized it before we moved it too much. One of those little (Big) "oops" moments.

x2 on that. I put a small piece of clear tape right above the landing gear switch and wrote with a black felt pen 'Loosen Bolts'.

jerb
Explorer
Explorer
on a side note after you get camper level and lock the arms, raise or lower landing gear just a bit to take play out of everything!
2002 2500HD 8.1L/allison, 2004 KZ Durango

jerb
Explorer
Explorer
built my own few years back very similiar to jt design, very noticeable improvement inside the fiver especially with kids running around, as above make sure you unlock them before raising landing gear, you be amased how much much power them landing gears have, will bend stuff not to mention hard on the landing gear!
2002 2500HD 8.1L/allison, 2004 KZ Durango

ddschuman
Explorer
Explorer

Escaping the real world in our "home away from home"
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS
2016 Chevrolet 3500 High Country Duramax Dually

tvman44
Explorer
Explorer
Piece of cake, I am sure you will love them as we all do. ๐Ÿ™‚
Papa Bob
1* 2008 Brookside by Sunnybrook 32'
1* 2002 F250 Super Duty 7.3L PSD
Husky 16K hitch, Tekonsha P3,
Firestone Ride Rite Air Springs, Trailair Equa-Flex, Champion C46540
"A bad day camping is better than a good day at work!"

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
Ours was installed with bolts and nuts.

chevman
chevman
2019 rockwood 34 ft fifth wheel sold
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

Dwight205
Explorer
Explorer
Use an impact to drive self tapping bolts.

camp-n-family
Explorer
Explorer
Put mine on last week. Pretty easy install. Didn't really even use the instructions, it was that easy. Very happy with the results. Took out 95% of the movement, the other 5% is just me trying to see if it will move ๐Ÿ™‚
'17 Ram 2500 Crewcab Laramie CTD
'13 Keystone Bullet Premier 310BHPR
Hitched by Hensley