cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

JT Strong Arms Arrived today

JW_of_Opechee_S
Explorer
Explorer
Got home to find my box with JT Strong Arms leaning againt the garage door. Looks like I have a weekend project in store:) Hope it goes as easy as most have said who have them. Now I won't be listening to the DW telling me I need to walk softer.
Have Fiver will travel with little or no notice at all. I do need to stop at rest areas now and then:)
19 REPLIES 19

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
DH had a question when installing. He called the guy who made them directly. His cell number is on the instructions. Super nice guy!
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Wow! If that $39 was for front and rear that's a deal. Provided, of course, that they did a good, thorough job.

I drilled completely through the beams for most of the mounting bolts, and used bolts, washers, and lock-nuts. In a couple of places that I couldn't get to the other side I used the self-tapping bolts and they worked okay. They got tight and are still holding.

They really did lessen the amount that the toyhauler moves around by a considerable amount. I don't think I would have another 5th wheel without them.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Only_True_Mosno
Explorer
Explorer
Not talented enough to install them...Camping World did for $39

We LOVE them! You will be glad you have them. There are a number of YouTubes on the topic you should take a look at.
2018 Montana 3721RL

2018 Ford F350 Diesel

Life Comes Down to a Simple Choice...Get Busy Living or Get Busy Dying...

Racine96
Explorer
Explorer
Mine 5er came with them installed and we love them.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Not too bad. I do recommend you get a half inch tap. I had little success with the self tapping bolts included.
And since I have an enclosed underbelly and no obvious place to attach the rear struts to the frame, I cut a piece of 2"x2" sq tube at 45 degrees on each end the width from the outer flange of the I beam on one side to outer edge on the other side. Drilled two clearance holes in each end and two matching bolt holes in the frame on each side, and bolted the sq tube to the frame. That provided an easy place to attach the rear struts at the rear center.
She (and you) will be very happy with them.