cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Keystone Outback 315 FRE

jffnkrn
Explorer
Explorer
Just another request. Does anyone have or has had the Outback 315 FRE. Looking for comments, good, bad or indifferent to get an idea of how it handles cold, hot, road trips, general camping, weekend and month long. went to the keystone reviews, same old stuff, little things that are obvious with any new rv. Also, we still haven't been able to put our foot inside one just yet. would like to be able to do so before purchase. Does anyone live out west, that has one that would let us look inside? we are in the Phoenix Arizona area. Thanks for your help.
4 REPLIES 4

jffnkrn
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Nutinelse2do, I kinda figured this and I believe the unit will work well for us. We only have about 8oo pounds of stuff including food, clothes etc, another few hundred pounds of misc. then the water, so we should be fine with the unit. Just trying to find someone local that has one that I can buy lunch for letting us tour before driving that far. There is one in Las Cruses NM also, about a 10 hour or so round trip. Also a 14 in Lubbock Texas that I am negotiating for at this time. Thanks again, Jeff & Karen. anyone else?

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like everything is accessible with the slides closed, except maybe the rear living room. Might be able to squeeze through with the slide closed. It's hard to tell.

Here is the floorplan that should tell you what you need to know for access to the areas you are worried about. Looks like that is an east coast model. I can't find one anywhere close to us. The 2015, at least has a pretty small CC at 1600-1700 lbs. might be something to think about.
Good luck
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us

jffnkrn
Explorer
Explorer
We were / are looking at an 2015 Outback 315FRE. sticker price in the mid to high $30K. We found a 2014 that apparently was only used a bit and the guys wife didn't like it. But as in the world of sales people, I usually believe have of what I see and nothing that I hear. The issue with this unit, likes is what we believe we want, unsure though as I hate to drive 750 miles to see if we like the floor plan. I am ok with a few little issues that can be fixed as in all RV's, but going through the floor plan and making sure it is comfortable within our needs, likes, etc. So if you are near by, and we could see, great. Also if you could let me know if the fridge, some cabinets, bathroom and bedroom are accessible with the slides in, that would be great! thanks for the reply, jeff & karen

therink
Explorer
Explorer
What year? I have a 2013 Outback Sydney fiver and am happy with it. You may want to go to the Keystone owners forum here:Clicky
Steve Rinker
Rochester, NY
2013 Keystone Sydney 340FBH 5th Wheel, 12,280 lbs loaded (scale)
2015.5 GMC Sierra Denali 3500, SRW, Duramax, CC, Payload 3,700 (sticker- not scaled yet)

Take my posts for what they are, opinions based on my own experiences.