cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LCI Remote System + Auto Level

REPO1
Explorer
Explorer
We just bought a new XLR Thunderbolt. It has the LCI remote control system that lets us control the outside LED light strip, both electric awnings, both slides, etc. One of the options is the auto landing gear. But this doesn't seem to work via the remote. I can operator the Lippert auto level system from its touch pad. The dealer didn't have a clue about how it even worked, lol.

Can anyone advise on how to make this work?
2016 XLR Thunderbolt 420Amp
15 REPLIES 15

lincster
Explorer
Explorer
Fireplaces, remotes for landing gear, Auto Leveling...... toyhauler sure have come a long way!!!!!
I spend about 30 mins a day in my toy hauler when we are out.
I am burning dinosaurs the other hours of the day!!!!!
2022 F350 PSD CC 4X4 Dually to pull 2006 LE3905

Lincsters Truck/Trailer

Lincsters Rail

MP_soldier
Explorer
Explorer
The hitch memory won' work if the trailer is "nose down" when you unhitch... And I have yet to be in a spot that I am "nose up"!!
2000 Volvo 770
10 speed Eaton autoshift transmission
Cummins N14

2016 XLR Thunderbolt 420amp Toyhauler
Featuring side and rear deck AND onboard Onan Genny

Leftywalker
Explorer
Explorer
Once the trailer reaches the memory hitch point hook up to truck and then auto retract and all the jacks will come up

dedmiston
MP soldier wrote:
Do I have to retract the rear jacks manually before doing the hitch memory function?

No. I think that will mess up the memory too. I'm curious though, why are the rears deployed?

Try this sequence:

1. Drop the front jacks to raise the front.
2. Unhitch.
3. Don't touch anything else.
4. Autolevel.
5. Keep not touching anything else, or it will cancel the memory.
6. Enjoy your weekend.
7. Turn on the panel when it's time to leave.
8. Press Left & Right to activate the memory function and return to the unhitched-level.

Mine works about 75% of the time at best. The rest of the time I've done something wrong and accidentally cancelled the memory. Also, even when the memory works, about half of that time it's still too low because I had too much weight on the hitch when I unhitched, but at least it's in the neighborhood and I only need to raise it another inch to hitch up.

In my opinion, the Autolevel feature is the best thing ever, but the hitching memory is only OK.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

MP_soldier
Explorer
Explorer
Do I have to retract the rear jacks manually before doing the hitch memory function?
2000 Volvo 770
Cummins N14

mudmaker
Explorer
Explorer
I figure I'm probably doing something wrong on mine. I tried a couple of times and nothing. Suppose I fat fingered it and hit something I shouldn't seems to me it wanted to raise the front without releasing pressure off the rear jacks. That idea didn't sit well with me.
Glen and Loretta
Marc, Jake, Kirsten and fur kids Dexter and Bernie
2017 KZ Venom 4114TK Toy Hauler
2015 GMC Acadia
15 Silverado 3500 SRW quad 6.6 Duramax
11 Silverado 3500 SRW quad 6.6 Duramax

Doss
Explorer
Explorer
Leftywalker wrote:
I have a Venom with the same system. For the hitch memory to work, unhitch from the truck, press auto level and let it do its thing, then do not touch the pad anymore only to shut off until you are ready to hitch back up then turn pad on and press and release left and right buttons at the same time. It should bring trailer back to where you unhooked.

That is funny, I watched a youtube video on the operation not 5 minutes ago and it is exactly as you described.
Nice work
2022 Cruiser RV MPG 3400BH
2022 Chevrolet 2500 HD 4x4

wanderingbob
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wow , I can remember when ya had to get outa your chair to change channels on the black and white nine inch TV . Thangs have changed !

Leftywalker
Explorer
Explorer
One thing that I have found is that if any button other than on/off is pressed anytime after auto level is completed it will disable that feature. So keep that in mind. Other than that, it is a very awesome feature.

MP_soldier
Explorer
Explorer
Leftywalker wrote:
I have a Venom with the same system. For the hitch memory to work, unhitch from the truck, press auto level and let it do its thing, then do not touch the pad anymore only to shut off until you are ready to hitch back up then turn pad on and press and release left and right buttons at the same time. It should bring trailer back to where you unhooked.

AWESOME!
2000 Volvo 770
Cummins N14

Leftywalker
Explorer
Explorer

MP_soldier
Explorer
Explorer
We don't have a remote for that stuff.

Just remote for the fireplace, and tv/dvd in living room and garage.

Girard is sending me a new valve for the tankless water heater. In theory, tankless is great, but if the gas system doesn't work, there is no electric heat option...
2000 Volvo 770
Cummins N14

REPO1
Explorer
Explorer
MP soldier wrote:
Hey, I can't help you with that, but I did just buy a 2016 420AMP also!

Have you figured out how to get the hitch height memory how to work?

I have not actually tried that yet!

MP soldier wrote:

Does your side deck have the bracket for the VIP steps?
Mine does not, and i have not seen a picture of one with them.....

MP soldier wrote:

Did your tankless water heater stop working???

Ours did not have the tankless option, we have a 12 gallon hot water tank.

Does yours have the small remote? Currently mine does both slides, both awnings, main awning light, and shows the leveling system that doesn't seem to work.

What does yours control?
2016 XLR Thunderbolt 420Amp

MP_soldier
Explorer
Explorer
Hey, I can't help you with that, but I did just buy a 2016 420AMP also!

Have you figured out how to get the hitch height memory how to work?

Does your side deck have the bracket for the VIP steps?

Did your tankless water heater stop working???

Lots of questions, sorry.

Hal
2000 Volvo 770
Cummins N14