Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking to purchace our 2nd 5er

gandmrv
Explorer
Explorer
This is my first post on the forum.

We are looking to replace our 2008 Bristol Bay 5er. In our shopping around we found 1 dealer in TX who had the new Winnebago Destination 5th Wheel. It is a beautiful rig. Does anyone have experience with or knowledge of the build quality of the Winnebago towable. I know they bought Sunnybrook, who built my current unit, and our Bristol Bay has been great! But it was built before Winnebago took over. I'm also wondering if Winnebago is committed to building these long term.

We also like the looks of the new Keystone Alpine model and the Forest River Cardinal. I had (in the past) heard scary things about Keystone quality. Does anyone have knowledge of these models.

We live in our 5er almost full time, as I use it to travel for work. We've lived in it 9-10 months a year for the last 5 years.
4 REPLIES 4

filrupmark
Explorer
Explorer
Take a look at Augusta RV . We were interested in the same manufacturers that you mentioned. We Purchased Augusta Flex AF34RS and are really impressed with the quality and workmanship.
2004 Ford F250 Super Duty 6.0 Diesel, Bilstein 4600 Shocks, 16K B&W Patriot, Michelin M&S
2014 Augusta Flex AF34RS Trailair Tri Glide pinbox,
JT Strong Arms , Bridgestone R250'S, KYB Monotube Gas shocks
Finally a smooth ride !!!

gandmrv
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for the opinions! I am strongly leaning towards the "Destination". But I haven't been able to find much info on this new model other than the std brochure the dealer gives you. I'd like to know more about how they're built and what materials they're built with. Thanks again! Getting excited!

oweninthekeys
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2014 Winnebago Lite Five and are extremely impressed with the quality. The Destination will be our next model in a few years, although we were talking to the Winnebago rep at a recent show about the next higher level unit they are coming out with. Can't remember teh name of it but it will be awesome.

Highly recommend Winnebago Towables.
USAF Retired 2000
DOD Civilian to Retire 2015
2014 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi
Andersen Ultimate Fifth Wheel Adapter Hitch
2014 Winnebago Lite Five FW30RES

n7bsn
Explorer
Explorer
Unless Winnie has really stripped the quality out of the Sunny line they are head and shoulders better then either of the other two.
2008 F350SD V10 with an 2012 Arctic Fox 29-5E
When someone tells you to buy the same rig they own, listen, they might be right. When they tell you to buy a different rig then they own, really pay attention, they probably know something you don't.