cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

MaxBrake

Timay
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a Max Brake controller from a member here, installed it last fall and today I had the trailer out for the first time.

OMG! That is the best braking I have ever had! No more slowing down and having the brakes on the trailer get tighter and tighter and not much modulation. With the new one, it just stops like nothing was back there.

Just wanted to report...

Tim
6 REPLIES 6

boshog
Explorer
Explorer
RustyJC wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
I most likely will be installing mine I removed from my 11 HO dually and install in my 15 RAM Dually as the programing on the 15's is horrible for heavy RV's.

Ron,

That's strange as Electric over Hydraulic, Heavy, 6.5 gain on the Ram ITBC gives excellent trailer braking with my 2016.

Rusty

It is strange yours works. I've got a 2015 and once my travel speed falls below 30 MPH the ITBM basically turns off my trailer's brakes. Most of the time it isn't an issue but those few time when you have to brake hard it will give you a heart attack. I ended up installing a Prodigy 2 I had laying around with the 3024-P cable.

garyp4951
Explorer III
Explorer III
Timay wrote:
I bought a Max Brake controller from a member here, installed it last fall and today I had the trailer out for the first time.

OMG! That is the best braking I have ever had! No more slowing down and having the brakes on the trailer get tighter and tighter and not much modulation. With the new one, it just stops like nothing was back there.

Just wanted to report...

Tim

X2, had mine several years now, and it still responds smooth as silk.
It makes the trailer, and truck feel like one vehicle.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
RustyJC wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
I most likely will be installing mine I removed from my 11 HO dually and install in my 15 RAM Dually as the programing on the 15's is horrible for heavy RV's.

Ron,

That's strange as Electric over Hydraulic, Heavy, 6.5 gain on the Ram ITBC gives excellent trailer braking with my 2016.

Rusty

I have heard some 16's work fine. MeAgain is NOT happy with his controller now he has a larger RV. His brakes are electric.

These come on good then that's it! Hit the slide bar they come on but will not dog it down hard as it should.

When I get back to WA next month I will install the MB. I already plugged it in with the sensor attached and all looked good. It said something like check trailer connection on the MB. Truck did not show any issues. Looks like I can use the brass fitting for the pressure sensor I used on the 11.

I just know how well these brakes can work and this setup is not even close!!!
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

RustyJC
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:

Ron,

Rusty
2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972

2016 Ram 3500 Dually Longhorn Crew Cab Long Bed, 4x4, 385/900 Cummins, Aisin AS69RC, 4.10, 39K+ GCWR, 30K+ trailer tow rating, 14K GVWR

B&W RVK3600

RDS33
Explorer
Explorer
I love mine also.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
You speaka da truth!!!

Not a better "brake" controller out there! It's a shame they are out of business.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD