cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Missing a/c return air grill

b_pilot
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Lifestyle 5th wheel made by Evergreen RVs. The two a/c units are mounted on top of the camper and have ducts that run down both sides of the camper to distribute the air. There is a return air vent in each of the ducts. One of the grills that holds the air filter in place fell out with the vibration of traveling. It must have fallen on top of the slide out and then was pushed outside when the slide was put out. Anyway, it is gone, and I need a replacement. Can't go to Evergreen as they went out of business several years ago. I have checked the internet and some of the local parts dealers around here. Does anyone have an idea of where I should look? The air return vent is 6x12 inches. I have to find something so the filter will stay in place.
26 REPLIES 26

b_pilot
Explorer
Explorer
I am the OP for this topic. I would like to say that on this forum you can almost always find someone who has an answer for your question. Thanks to Retired JSO posting a picture of the return air grill in his Cardinal, I was able to contact Forest River through a dealer and get the exact grill that I needed for my camper. The only problem is that the one they sent was polar white and mine is an off white. However, with a little paint matching, I can fix that.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
b_pilot wrote:
I ordered one of those to see if I can make it work. If so Iโ€™ll get another one so both sides will be the same.

Looks like a nice way to go.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

b_pilot
Explorer
Explorer
I ordered one of those to see if I can make it work. If so Iโ€™ll get another one so both sides will be the same.

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
b_pilot wrote:
I did but Norton Antivirus said the website was dangerous and would not let me open it.

I run Norton Antivirus also and get the same message. I just continue on to the site and have been doing so since the app was developed. I don't know why Norton has a problem with the site as it does not and has not done anything to my or anyone elses computers over the past 3 or 4 years since it was developed.

Go ahead and use it. Look at the bottom of the red box and it will say in very small lettering "continue on to the site". It will not hurt your computer or yourself one bit.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer
I explored Amazon and found this.

b_pilot
Explorer
Explorer
I did but Norton Antivirus said the website was dangerous and would not let me open it.

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
b_pilot wrote:
snip... I tired to post a picture but couldn't. Snip...

Did you go to the website I posted on the previous page just above the picture and follow the directions exactly? If you did that then the pictures you have will post. Just follow those steps I posted there exactly.

Don't try to read anything into them or use any other picture posting icon (like the one above the reply typing box that looks like a postcard). If you know how to copy and paste a sentence or string then you should have no problem using that app.
Barney
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

b_pilot
Explorer
Explorer
The picture that Retired JSO posted is the vent return that is in my Lifestyle. I tired to post a picture but couldn't. That is the one that I need. Would you know if it could be ordered from the manufacturer of Cardinal?

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer

Return air vents in our Cardinal.

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you will follow these directions exactly, it is very easy to post pictures on our forums. One of our moderators, 1492, developed this photo posting app to post your pictures. It works for other internet sites also. There is no need to have a separate hosting site for your pictures in order to use it.

It is very simple to use.
1. Upload your picture from your computer to the app.
2. Copy the resulting URL.
3. Paste that URL into your post

without ANY changes

. No additions or deletions.
Your picture will then appear in your post and be properly sized for use on our forums.:)

I have posted a test thread here for members to try out the app and see how it works. That thread is ONLY for testing however and not for comments on pictures. Good luck.
Barney
Not towing now.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
b_pilot wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
This is what I have in my DRV. Two per AC.

That is the same setup in my Lifestyle but my grill is different. Does your grill have a filter behind it or is the filter in the a/c?

It has the 1/4" thick filter foam right behind the grill.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
b_pilot wrote:
I will try this. If doesn't work, I don't know how to get a picture posted.

Try this to post your pictures.

Link to picture posting
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

b_pilot
Explorer
Explorer
I will try this. If doesn't work, I don't know how to get a picture posted.

b_pilot
Explorer
Explorer
I am going to try to post a picture of the grill from my Lifestyle. Not sure this will work.