cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need advice on enclosed trailer

nwcutie
Explorer
Explorer
I LOVE LOVE LOVE our Momentum! But, it is a bit much to pull when I am going solo with no hubby or kids. Plus it is not practical for day trips. So we are thinking about an enclosed for hauling and short camp trips (adult kiddo wants to borrow occasionally.)

We currently haul 3 or 4 full size quads in our 12 x 8 garage in the toyhauler. We would like room for a bench across the front of the enclosed. Will run a small Honda genny. Possibly down the road we might have a razor or two.

The questions:

What size enclosed?

Wheel size?

Brand recommendation?

New or used?

What to watch for?

Thanks in advance!
Children are unpredictable. You never know how high up the wall they're going to drive you!

2016 Ram 3500 Cummins/ Aisin /bagged diesel dually
2014 Grand Design Momentum 355 TH
kids and quads - life is great
6 REPLIES 6

Jaxom
Explorer
Explorer
Something to consider is height. I specially ordered a 7' ceiling rather than the standard 6'. I was thinking I might get a Razr or Commander at some point in the future. It turns out that my SxS is a Jeep! Now I wish I had gone to an 8 foot tall ceiling!
Jerry
2015 Jayco Seneca 36FK
2011 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2 door
2011 R & R 20' Aluminum Enclosed Car Hauler
2007 Montrose 16' Aluminum Flatbed ATV Trailer

Bedlam
Two UTV's will need a 20' trailer. Mine uses torsion axles which allow each wheel to move independently of the others. The trailer will weigh 3000 lbs empty, so think about getting 5K+ lb axles instead of the cheaper models with 3.5k lb axles. I wanted mine to have a low break over angle when I carry cars plus was looking for something that would hug the road, so mine has 4" drop at the torsion. If you plan to drag the trailer around off road you may want to look at taller clearance setups typically used for sleds where the inside deck sits over the wheels with no wheel wells protruding inside. If you want to carry a car inside your trailer, plan on climbing out the car's window if you do not have a mid door in the side wall allowing you to open the car door.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

johntank
Explorer
Explorer
Going by your post, I would go with at lest a 20' trailer. JMHO

nwcutie
Explorer
Explorer
That is dead sexy! I am heading to Glamis in December and all I would need is a portapotty and air mattress.
Children are unpredictable. You never know how high up the wall they're going to drive you!

2016 Ram 3500 Cummins/ Aisin /bagged diesel dually
2014 Grand Design Momentum 355 TH
kids and quads - life is great

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
Bought a Kobalt tool box from Lowe's and had the factory build it into the custom cabinets.

50A service with AC. It was great.

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
This was my enclosed trailer from a couple years ago. When we bought another toy hauler, it just got used so rarely, I sold it. I custom ordered it and it was perfect for what we needed.

18' + 2' nose.