cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 5th wheel

Coach-man
Explorer
Explorer
I no longer have my class C, I traded it today for a new Grand Design Solitude! We just finished transferring all the stuff out of the C and into the 5th wheel ! We purchased the fifth wheel at Lazy Days in Tampa. So far no problems or snags, they took us though everything, and showed us how everything works. Pleased with the whole operation including the Grand Design. We look forward to many carefree days of camping with it!
12 REPLIES 12

gtsum
Explorer
Explorer
congrats on the new rig! GD has some really nice units
2015 Fuzion 345 Chrome
2014 Ram Megacab 3500 CTD Laramie

Coach-man
Explorer
Explorer
OK, I managed to update my profile and added a picture of the rig with my TV. After "lurking" here at the 5th wheel forum for over a year, I was very concerned on how my 2500 would handle the new rig. It was great, semi's passed me and there was no "white knurling" hardly noticed it. Ride not as smooth as I had hoped for, but passible, I attribute that to the new 10 ply tires I had installed. Truck and trailer level, no blinding anyone with head lights! DW and I are pleased with the rig we selected and hopefully will enjoy many years of carefree RVing!! Thanks for your comments!!!

The_Mad_Norsky
Explorer
Explorer
I posted earlier, but I thought I would add that it was a very smart, good move on your part to do your first camping with the rig right next to the dealers lot.

A very good way to insure everything works and /or get adjusted those that need adjustment.

Well done!
The Mad Norsky, Doll, Logan and Rocky
2014 Ram 3500 w/ Cummins/Aisin
2019 Northern Lite 10-2 EX CD LE Wet Bath
RV'ing since 1991

I took the road less traveled .....Now I'm Lost!

Coach-man
Explorer
Explorer
Dog Folks wrote:
Much more space in the 5th?

I imagine so, just don't fill it with "stuff." 🙂

I wish they had a "like" button, lol. A lot of stuff came out of that little class C! Thought I might not get it all in, but yes we have much more room in The fifth!

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
Much more space in the 5th?

I imagine so, just don't fill it with "stuff." 🙂
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

Coach-man
Explorer
Explorer
Ok, I have tried to upload some pictures, and I confess I can not. I posted some on facebook but can not upload here. Model is 32OX, which is lighter than some of the other Solitude models, as I am using a Dodge 2500 as my TV. I had them check the CCC, tow weight, hitch weight and axel weights, all with in specs, just barely but in! Will have to upgrade to a 3500, but for now I can legally tow it. Time will tell when I upgrade. So far all is good, trying all the bells and whistles to make sure there are any problems. It is sure nice to have a dealer that has a camp ground so we can play and try all the things we would do at any camp ground, and if there is a problem the tech is 2 minuets away!

2hams
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations! You have a very nice rig. Happy travels.
2019 Grand Design Solitude 310GK
2019 GMC Denali 3500 D/A SRW

glazier
Explorer II
Explorer II
Congratulations on your new Grand Design, I am sure you will be very pleased with your choice.
2017 Grand Design Momentum 328M
2015 Chevy 2500HD LTZ Duramax CC/SB/4X4
B&W Companion Slider

Gsport
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats Coachman... We've had our Solitude for over a year and a half and totally love it. Close to 10,000 miles of happy camping.
What model did you get? And don't forget to check out the Grand Design owners forum..

The_Mad_Norsky
Explorer
Explorer
Reports I have read here on the forum seem to indicate a group of very happy owners of these models.

I toured a few of their floor plans at a dealer in North Dakota some weeks ago. Impressive looking rigs!

Good for you!
The Mad Norsky, Doll, Logan and Rocky
2014 Ram 3500 w/ Cummins/Aisin
2019 Northern Lite 10-2 EX CD LE Wet Bath
RV'ing since 1991

I took the road less traveled .....Now I'm Lost!

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
romore wrote:
Pictures please!!! We gotta have pictures.

TV and the 5er!!
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

romore
Explorer II
Explorer II
Pictures please!!! We gotta have pictures.