cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

opinions: 2014 Palomino Puma 259RBSS

wuhungsix
Explorer
Explorer
Been looking at new travel trailers and 5th wheels since we sold our old one a few weeks back. And the Puma 259RBSS peaked my interest. Its a bunkhouse stick and tin build priced at $22950 locally.

I know its a low end entry build. But its in my price range for a new RV and we like the floor plan. Just curious if its one that we should stay away from.

I have seen them at RVW for $20058 and on EBay of all places for $17999. Im in CA so that is a 27-35 hours drive for RVW and the Ebay seller. I dont think I will be buying from them because the cost of the 9-10 tanks of diesel I will burn, lodging, and time off work will eat into my savings.
15 REPLIES 15

newk
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a new Puma in 2006. Other than a (Goodyear) tire blow-out on the first trip, it's been pretty trouble-free. I had a sink drain that leaked from being loose, so I tightened it. Too tight, apparently, because then it broke and I had to replace it. ($5) While we haven't used it much, the carpet looks like it was used in the checkout isle at Walmart for the past decade. Cheap carpet! It's been in a couple hail storms and has been dented pretty badly, but insurance has paid for that. Other than the cheap carpet, we're entirely satisfied with it.