cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

P.O.S. Drainmaster valves

MPI_Mallard
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone swap out one of these valves and if so how hard was it?
07' Dodge 3500 6 speed Cummins Diesel Dually/6.7L Bully-Chipped /
Exhst Brake/07' Cedar Creek 37CDTSD Daydreamer fiver
Mallard @ Frau Blรผcher

Red Green:
Now lets Bow your heads for the men's prayer.
I am a man, but I can change.
If I have to, I guess...
5 REPLIES 5

MPI_Mallard
Explorer
Explorer
Happy Prospector wrote:
I don't know what to say as my Drainmaster valves are 8 years old and not one failure yet.

CC installed them on their side without knowing they would jam up and so I'm stuck with them, I'd put in manuals but running the cables would be a nightmare so my plan is to swap the failed one out.

Red Green:
If repetition wasn't a good thing, why would
people get married?
Mallard @ Frau Blรผcher

Red Green:
If I have to, I guess...

Happy_Prospecto
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know what to say as my Drainmaster valves are 8 years old and not one failure yet.
Kevin
Retired, Fulltime RV'er, 1999.5 F350 4X4 CC Diesel Flatbed
2007 Alpenlite Defender Toyhauler, 2019 Polaris Ranger
Bob, the Yorkie Terrier helping me prospect til the money runs out

GON2SKI
Explorer
Explorer
They were OEM on my 2014 AF 27-5Lโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ.I just removed three of them and installed pull handle manual valves as are supplied OEM on the new 2016 AF'sโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆreliability issues I guess?โ€ฆโ€ฆ.I had five successful dumps in nine attemptsโ€ฆ..not as easy to pull the handles as push an electric switch, howeverโ€ฆ.manually your in controlโ€ฆ.to answer your questionโ€ฆ.it's was easy to replace themโ€ฆ.drilling holes through the frame was the most difficult task for this 77yr old guy!
2014 Arctic Fox 27-5L 5.5 Onan propane, 4pt AutoLevel, RearCam, Central Vacuum Bridgestone R250's tires
2002 F350 Power Stroke Diesel 4x4 CC SRW SB Chipped, Toyo Tuff HT tires
DW and 2 Bull Terriers

Here For A Good Time.... Not For A Long Time

MPI_Mallard
Explorer
Explorer
As Cedar Creek used them (before they found out about not mounting them sideways and well after drainmaster put the warning on the unit itself as I was told which is why CC dropped them) to facilitate where they could mount the tanks and run the plumbing I'm stuck with them but this is the fifth time this one valve has failed, on the black tank of course so I'm just going to do it myself but drainmaster is telling me I need to buy new gaskets and this and that and after throwing out $150 sheckles to swap out the open/close switches which should have been a warranty replacement and as unreliable as their product is as I suppose they need to make all the money they can while they can.

Red Green:
We now come to the part of the show called
"If it ain't broke, you're not trying!"
Mallard @ Frau Blรผcher

Red Green:
If I have to, I guess...

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
I was going to put on a drain master valve because the pull handle was under the TT and I had to pull it sideways and my back didn't like that. The installation instructions say it must be mounted with the motor up which would not work for me so I installed a Valeria valve instead. Installation was easy and it works fine.