cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with air conditioner

Rough2000
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2009 Jayco Designer with a Coleman 15,000 btu air conditioner. Yesterday pm, noticed it was not cooling. After leaving it off for quite some time, I turned it on, the blower fan runs, but I do not hear the compressed start up after a short period of time. Do you think it is a bad capacitor, bad compressor, low freon, or the whole unit just bit the dust. I would like your opinions before I have a tech out. Thanks guys
If it moves but shouldn't, use Duct Tape. If it doesn't move but should, use WD40.
4 REPLIES 4

Fulltimer50
Explorer
Explorer
While it is true that no one can know without.... You do know for sure that You dont hear the compressor running. So start with the things that can cause the compressor not to run. Thermostat, start cap or other voltage problems.
George

2011 F350 PSD CC LB 4X4 DRW Lariate
2015 Mobile Suites 41RSSB4 5th Wheel

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
Rough2000 wrote:
I have a 2009 Jayco Designer with a Coleman 15,000 btu air conditioner. Yesterday pm, noticed it was not cooling. After leaving it off for quite some time, I turned it on, the blower fan runs, but I do not hear the compressed start up after a short period of time. Do you think it is a bad capacitor, bad compressor, low freon, or the whole unit just bit the dust. I would like your opinions before I have a tech out. Thanks guys

I make my living fixing Ac's,could be any or all of the above.No way to actually know without having meter or gauges on the unit.

KID2TEXAS
Explorer
Explorer
The fins could be real dirty, I clean mine ever so often, you can get coil cleaner from Lowes or Home depot its the same stuff AC repair guys use to clean your home AC unit fins. Just spray on and then hose it off real good. that's one guess.
2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty, Amarillo Special Edition 4 X 4 & 6.0 PSD,
2015 Columbus 320 RS
Me, a Wife and two crazy kids that are to cool to go anymore :B
Golf cart that matches the Amarillo truck.

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Could be any number of things from frosted coils, to start cap to bad compressor. No way of knowing unless you pull the cover and look