cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

propane smell

thesenator
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2011 wildcat. dual tanks left and right. when I torn both tanks on with reg set in the middle I get a smell from the side that has a red reg. ive tried soap solution and cant see a leak. is it possible that the red reg which is suppose to be a high ratting making propane back up to the tank I can run only on that tank but still has a smell. help
5 REPLIES 5

Paul_Clancy
Explorer
Explorer
Those red regulators fail. Pretty common and cheap to replace.

TXiceman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Set the valve to either the left or right tank. It will switch tanks when it is empty and wipp provide an indication that it has made the switch.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

Allworth
Explorer II
Explorer II
A regulator set in the middle may be venting, trying to equalize pressure between the tanks. It is never intended to do this and could be bypassing gas.
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

wandering1
Explorer
Explorer
I had both hoses that run from the tank to the regulator leaking. Replaced the hoses and no leak.
HR

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure about the smell you are experiencing, but why are you positioning the tank selector in the middle?

If it is an auto-change over system, point the selector to one tank or another. When that tank is empty, the red indicator will pop-up and the reg will automatically switch over to the other (full tank) and your gas appliances will keep running.

Now you can switch the selector to the full tank and have the empty tank refilled.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro