cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Queen V King Mattress

AUWing
Explorer
Explorer
We're looking to upgrade this spring and seem to be waffling on the bedroom options - King v Queen . . . A Jayco 331RETS tops our list but we're concerned that a King would make it more difficult to make the bed. Has anyone regretted the decision of going large?
2014 Jayco 331RETS
Thermal Pane, Auto Level, Fireplace
2011 Silverado 2500HD EC Regular Box D'Max / Allison
Great wife and a good dog
12 REPLIES 12

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
What ever you have in your home have in your RV.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Stefonius
Explorer
Explorer
I'm 6'5", and I'm a bit wider than I should be (big enough that the dog and cat orbit me like small moons, but not big enough yet to bend light). We have a queen bed in our fiver, and it's one of the principal things that we dislike. The next unit will definitely have a residential king.
2003 F450 Crew Cab, 7.3 PSD "Truckasaurus"
2010 Coachmen North Ridge 322RLT fiver "Habitat for Insanity"
I love my tent, but the DW said, "RV or Divorce"...

MrVan
Explorer
Explorer
AUWing wrote:
MrVan wrote:
Those of us who are 6' 2" or 6' 3" tall are also a little wider. ๐Ÿ™‚ The extra width of a King is probably more important.

I prefer to say we're proportionate :B
That short walk to the biffey @ 2am that comes with wisdom (age) makes navigating the narrow space 'tween the bed and closet QUIETLY a challenge.

Try swapping sides of the bed. ๐Ÿ™‚

AUWing
Explorer
Explorer
MrVan wrote:
Those of us who are 6' 2" or 6' 3" tall are also a little wider. ๐Ÿ™‚ The extra width of a King is probably more important.

I prefer to say we're proportionate :B
That short walk to the biffey @ 2am that comes with wisdom (age) makes navigating the narrow space 'tween the bed and closet QUIETLY a challenge.
2014 Jayco 331RETS

MrVan
Explorer
Explorer
AUWing wrote:
Thanks for the input. Seeing as both are 80" length mattresses, I never really understood how my 6'2" frame would benefit from a King. Shoulder room and space for a Cocker who insists on joining us when lightning strikes makes perfect sense. Scooting between the side and closet doors looks to be biggest issue and that happens at least 4 times each day.

2-MTnesters
Explorer
Explorer
We love the King bed in the Montana. Did not affect any storage space in the layout that we have.
The Webers
Me- Tim
DW- Dea
Pooch- JoJo boxer/lab mix
2010 Keystone Montana 3400RL Hickory Edition "The Taj Mahaul II"
2004.5 GMC Siera 2500HD SLT CC 4x4,6.6 Duramax/Allison, 3:73 gears, Firestone air bags, Reese 16K slider, TFI 45 gal fuel tank, Rhino Liner

AUWing
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the input. Seeing as both are 80" length mattresses, I never really understood how my 6'2" frame would benefit from a King. Shoulder room and space for a Cocker who insists on joining us when lightning strikes makes perfect sense. Scooting between the side and closet doors looks to be biggest issue and that happens at least 4 times each day.
2014 Jayco 331RETS

MrVan
Explorer
Explorer
We had the King Sized bed installed in a Montana that had a Queen installed at the factory. No lost storage space but a little tighter near the sliding glass mirrored doors in the front. I'm 6' 3" had to have the King Sized bed.

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Most of the time it seems like a king bed deletes some night stand shelves or is crammed to close to the sliding closet doors of which 1/2 the time you have to shimmy sideways with a queen bed.
For me personally if a king fits without sacrificing space then I would definitely get it.

Gsport
Explorer
Explorer
When we bought our 3rd 5th wheel, a king size bed was a MUST have. I'm over 6'2"

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
We love our King bed.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have had 2 5ers, same model, one of the few differences being one had a queen the other a king bed. It is not just bed size. Making the bed is no difference. The difference is that the first trailer, with the queen, had a hanging closet next to the bed using the space saved by not having a king.

Much prefer the queen, if only for the extra closet space.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995