cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raptor toyhauler

RatherBNtheWood
Explorer
Explorer
One side of my landing gear stopped going up and down. With a flashlight I can see the square tube from the right side going round and round but the input shaft isn't spinning. Must be the shear bolt or something along those lines. But, here's the problem and ensuing question. The generator on the Raptor is mounted on that side of the front storage, so how does one get to that left side landing gear gearbox? On the side is propane bottles and a metal wall. Can't see access from the bottom. Can't figure out access from......
5 REPLIES 5

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
The only thing you need to access from the top is the connecting bolt or pin in the shaft. The rest should be able to be accessed from the bottom. If your LP tanks are on the side you could cut a hole in the metal behind the tanks to access the top clamp if you can't reach it from the bottom...the metals usually not very thick. They are attached using a clamping system so to speak, one down low and the second one on up toward the top. Just 2 bolts hold them in place. On replacement you just have to make sure the lug that's on the jack is on the bottom of each clamp as that's how pressure is put on the frame for lifting. Once your able to get to it its only about a 30min job to replace one.
2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP

Y-Guy
I had a 2005 Raptor 3612. Had similar issues and even bent one of mine. They you get them out from the bottom. I watched the guys fix and replace my bent one, but not sure I can walk you through it. I think it was mounted under, but there was something that was holding that was accesible through the LP tank area too.

There was only 1 motor on mine, and I recall it was mounted on the passenger side with a pin that crossed over to the other.

I'll see if I can search the archives in the Toy Hauler forum. There are a few with that era of Raptor over there that might be able to help if they are not out camping. Here is a search of the archives, hopefully you find some helpful ideas. *Click Here*

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
We hired an RV guy to come out and do ours since the legs were non-functional. He was small and fairly agile and got the job done. We had probably about 10" above the generator box.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

RatherBNtheWood
Explorer
Explorer
I was afraid that was going to be a response. Lol.
I did notice a very very small Gap above the generator. Hoping that's not the only access/answer. I'm not sure where I could rent/pay a person that small. :-(;-)

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
On our Fuzion there is room atop the generator housing for a small person to access the leg. Emphasis on "small".
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"