cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Door Lock?

Rwake901
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone changed out their door lock/handle to one of the keyless push button/remote door locks? I’ve been looking at them and wondering how well they work. They seam to range anywhere in price from $108.00 to $250.00. Thanks
22 REPLIES 22

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III
Rwake901 wrote:

How often do you have to change the batteries? Will they last a year or only a few months?

We seem to be getting about 6 months out of them but it probably depends how often you use the lock.

We tend to lock/unlock a handful of times per day. If you only lock/unlock once a day, it will probably go longer.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Allworth
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just keep in mind the fact that my son (the Chevy Technician) keeps saying "The more gee-whiz/flash-bang features you have on any vehicle, the more chances that something is going to poop in your hat!"

Do I REALLY need this??

A
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

work2much
Explorer
Explorer
Rwake901 wrote:
work2much wrote:
Also, they have a reputation for having a pretty good sale around Thanksgiving. I think 30% off or so.

How often do you have to change the batteries? Will they last a year or only a few months?

Not sure first hand as we just installed ours. On the longer term reviews I have seen close to a year for full timers.

Ray from Love your RV did a nice review of this a couple years ago and an update as well. I like his channel, he is short on flash but long on sincerity.

Original review.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1MryW-70Rc&t=317s

Update
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxumGGRZpVA&feature=emb_logo

I keep a little lithium battery charger and AA and AAA cells with us for a number of devices. I will probably just put it on the maintenance calendar to charge them every 6 months and see if that works.
2022 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD DRW Crew 4x4 Aisin 4:10 Air ride.

2020 Grand Design Solitude 2930RL 2520 watts solar. 600ah lithium. Magnum 4000 watt inverter.

Rwake901
Explorer
Explorer
work2much wrote:
Also, they have a reputation for having a pretty good sale around Thanksgiving. I think 30% off or so.

work2much
Explorer
Explorer

2020 Grand Design Solitude 2930RL 2520 watts solar. 600ah lithium. Magnum 4000 watt inverter.

work2much
Explorer
Explorer
Yes we added one from RVLock

It was a snap to install and works great. I also added a hide a key on the RV in the event the it quits I can always get back in.

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III
We have one. It's really nice if just wandering about camp as you don't need to carry keys with you.

That said, it is a good idea to have a hidden key somewhere so when the batteries die you can still get in.

Takes about 5min to install.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
My camper came with one. It works great. Except when I forget to switch it off when not using the unit for a few weeks and the AA batteries go kaput.