cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement rear window 2008 Alpenlite

Leland2
Explorer II
Explorer II
My rear window is starting to fail looking smoky/dirty haze. The small bedroom window has totally failed.

Anyone know who I need to contact?

Have yet to call Uhlmann's where I picked up my 34RL. Ordered brown, factory gave me green. Come back in 2 weeks. Told Jodie at Uhlmann's the sales guy to thoroughly inspect prior to arrival. Running lights didn't work, along with fridge and A/C and Kingdome antenna. In the middle of warranty work at Temecula Valley RV, Western goes belly up and I pay for work. Picked a bad time to give up smoking.
9 REPLIES 9

ReallyBigMax
Explorer
Explorer
padredw wrote:
My suggestion in all this is to check back with the manufacturer. NuWa is always helpful, even though they are no longer producing new RVs in their factory.

Unfortunately, Western RV went out of business several years ago. That is one of the key elements the OP is struggling with here.
Alpenlite 29RK,
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DuraMax 'n Allison :B:B,
Taylor Wings Tank 'n Toolbox, Line-X Liner,
Valley 16K Dual Pivot Underbed Hitch,
Prodigy, Roll'n Lock Bed Cover

SH
Explorer
Explorer
Leland2 wrote:
At least one contact has suggested I replace the ''glass'' only and not the entire metal framed window. My window is 3 piece -- square in the middle, vertical rectangles on the side with rounded corners exterior perimeter. Anyone know how this scenario might work out?

Like I mentioned above, a friend had the rear picture window (just the curved glass) replaced by a local glass store. Frame was fine. Glass was shot out with a pellet gun. Looks good and so far he has had no issues with it. It wasn't cheap but I believe you can have it done locally...let them order the glass to fit and install.

Good Luck!
2001 Alpenlite 35RK
2007.5 Chev LMM Duramax/Allison
BD Variable Vane Turbo Brake
TST 507
2010 FLHTC Electra Glide Classic Red Hot Sunglo 🙂

padredw
Nomad
Nomad
A couple of months ago our large middle back window was broken out. We do not know the cause, but expect vandalism. Still hard to believe, but we have no better explanation.

Whatever, our insurance covered it less the $100 deductible.

We got the information about replacement window from the NuWa factory as we have a HitchHiker II. Had the work done at Hayes RV Center in Longview, Texas. They did a great job. The bad news is that they had to order the entire window frame with the glass. I do not recall the exact amount of the cost as I did not have to pay it, but I think it was around $1300.

My suggestion in all this is to check back with the manufacturer. NuWa is always helpful, even though they are no longer producing new RVs in their factory.

ReallyBigMax
Explorer
Explorer
I won't claim to know how this might work out, but given that the frame is in good shape, it might be your best option. The angles of the bends of the long horizontal frame parts where the three pieces are fit to the curve of the rear end cap are the troublesome specs to come by.

Several years ago I managed to back my trailer (far from proud to admit this 😮 ) into the eave/rain gutter of my garage hard enough to break out the big piece of glass. Because I also bent one of the vertical divider bars in the window the repair shop had to order a whole new window. Even with WRV still in business it took three tries, based on specs and part numbers from WRV, to get the window that fit in all respects. If I could have salvaged the frame I would have saved 3+ months of down time while the parts got un-snafu'd.

I would think it would be worth a try, especially since WRV is not there to provide a stream of part numbers to the glass mfg until you get the right one.

Best of luck
ReallyBigMax
Alpenlite 29RK,

Leland2
Explorer II
Explorer II
At least one contact has suggested I replace the ''glass'' only and not the entire metal framed window. My window is 3 piece -- square in the middle, vertical rectangles on the side with rounded corners exterior perimeter.

Anyone know how this scenario might work out?

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
There was a RV Parts place in Union Gap, Wa that bought a lot of the Alpenlite stock when they when under. Google and call around there.

Check with Aubrey's
2010 Landon Ave
Yakima, WA
(509) 453-4709

Lady at
Canopy Country RV Center,
2703 Main St
Union Gap, WA
(509) 248-7050
said Aubrey's bought a lot of the windows.

Try both for other parts.

Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

SH
Explorer
Explorer
Leland2 wrote:
My rear window is starting to fail looking smoky/dirty haze. The small bedroom window has totally failed.

Anyone know who I need to contact?

THESE people can fit you a new window. Good friend with a Voyager lost his bedroom window somewhere on I5 in Eastern WA. They are located in Hollister, CA. He happened to be in that area and they built him a new window.

Same guy also had a new rear picture window replaced but the local glass store was able to do that!

Best Wishes!
2001 Alpenlite 35RK
2007.5 Chev LMM Duramax/Allison
BD Variable Vane Turbo Brake
TST 507
2010 FLHTC Electra Glide Classic Red Hot Sunglo 🙂

ReallyBigMax
Explorer
Explorer
I feel your pain. I too am an orphaned Alpenlite owner. To their credit though, WRV used nothing but the best of just about everything in their products, so I've never had any trouble getting parts. Items like windows and other "custom" parts, however, are among the most difficult. I found this with a quick Google search:

-----
Amack's Rec 1256 E. Main St Woodland, Ca. 95776
1-877-662-9658 http://www.amacksrvs.com/
Source for Alpenlite Parts (man. by Western RV) Have the last 5 #'s of your RV's vin to order parts. They bought the molds etc for Alpenlite parts & they manufacture replacements.
-----

Amack's is only about 70 miles North of me, and we actually came real close to buying our Alpenlite (see sig) from them. Ended up elsewhere, but have been in there and by there many times (not recently however). They probably don't have your window, but I'd think they are a very good bet for finding out where you might get them.

You might also look up the nearest Alpenlite Owners Group chapter and try a couple of them for references too. If they are out there, someone knows who and where they are.

Best of luck
ReallyBigMax
Alpenlite 29RK,

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
I literally lost my BR window. My fault. Did not close & lock it. It blew off somewhere in LA. If I remember correctly the window supplier is somewhere in OR. The name is on the window. Sorry can't remember town name. It has been a few years & we have been through many towns since.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995