cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rubber roof coating

donewithtruckin
Explorer
Explorer
I never see this topic! Is this necessary for my RV? I do live in Florida so it sure gets a lot of sun. My 5th wheel is an 08. Its 40' long> How many gallons would it take to cover?

PS. math is not my thing!
3 REPLIES 3

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:
Liquid Roof, Amount Needed

I put this same stuff on my 18 year old Bounder, and am happy that I did - wish I had done it sooner while my roof was still in great condition. The factory roof material is designed to sluff off, that is the top coat flakes off to keep it looking new, but the sidewalls of the RV look bad with white streaks of the EPDM material. Once you coat it with something like this, then it will not sluff off, and no more white streaks! The roof will last an additional 10 years too!

There is a link on their website with instructions on how easy it is to apply. It was pretty easy, and I used a paint brush and coffee cup. I dipped out some with a coffee cup, then pour on the roof, and smooth out with the paint brush.

http://www.epdmcoatings.com/epdm-brochure.php

Another member wrote that he poured about 1/2 gallon at a time on the roof, and used a squeegee to move it around, and get it to the right thickness. He bought a 1 gallon container to do all the seams, and then applied a 6 gallon container on his roof the next day, getting the seems twice!

I bought a 5 gallon pail, and did about 1/2 of my roof, then ordered another pail, and finished it a week later. If you click on my name, then click on 'view posts' you can search 'roof' in the subject line, and find my post about coating my roof.

The hardest part is washing the roof really well before applying the product. Then it dries for about a week, unless it is warm. It can rain without damage just after application. It takes about 3 days to 'cure' in 70F weather. Shorter time in warmer weather. You have about 3-4 hours of 'pot time' that is time after mixing in the catalysts before the stuff starts to harden inside the can in your typical Florida 80F weather.

Good luck on your project!

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer

magic43
Explorer
Explorer
Your top is 40' X 8' = 320 sq ft. The estimated coverage area should be printed on the bucket.
magic43