cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

rubber roof wrinkles

Blazing_Zippers
Explorer II
Explorer II
The most recent saga with our Cougar---wrinkles in the roofing material! We left Lodi bound for Morro Bay, with valley temps about 95 degrees. When we arrived in Morro, I climbed up on the roof to find wrinkles in the rubber material towards the front of the rig.
Any ideas?
4 REPLIES 4

Devocamper
Explorer
Explorer
Blazing Zippers wrote:
Thanks...I was afraid this might be the problem. I can tell you that we have never owned such a piece of junk as this Cougar.
Hopefully, we can limp this thing home to be fixed. Last year, the trailer spent 3.5 months in the shop-this year, we've had it in 3 weeks already. Oh, and add several days working on it myself.

Unfortunately quality issues seem to be common theses days , the better the rv industry does selling units the less quality goes into each one , good luck with your repairs
08 NU-WA Hitchhiker Discover America 339 RSB Sold
18 Host Mammoth
07 Chevy 3500HD LT1 EXT Cab LB DRW D/A Sold
18 Ram 3500 SLT Crew Cab DRW 4x2 6.4 4.10's

Blazing_Zippers
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks...I was afraid this might be the problem. I can tell you that we have never owned such a piece of junk as this Cougar.
Hopefully, we can limp this thing home to be fixed. Last year, the trailer spent 3.5 months in the shop-this year, we've had it in 3 weeks already. Oh, and add several days working on it myself.

Devocamper
Explorer
Explorer
MFL wrote:
Wrinkles are usually a sign of failed glue, that is supposed to hold the roof down. When towing at higher speed, the wind up draft lifts the rubber up (billowing) causing it to stretch, leaving the wrinkles when parked. Have wife, or friend in another vehicle watch at road speed to check.

Jerry

X2 we had to have the front third of our fifth wheel roof reglued under warranty. If you watch rv trailers being towed down the highway you will see the big bubble above the front roof area more often itโ€™s a fifth wheel , the shape of the roof is like an aircraft wing causing the roofing material to lift if it wasnโ€™t glued properly. Ours was repaired by the dealer they removed the gutters and tv antenna then pealed it back to where it was attached well reglued it trimmed it and put the gutters back on sealed the antenna mount and we never had another wrinkle or leak for 10 years
Mike
08 NU-WA Hitchhiker Discover America 339 RSB Sold
18 Host Mammoth
07 Chevy 3500HD LT1 EXT Cab LB DRW D/A Sold
18 Ram 3500 SLT Crew Cab DRW 4x2 6.4 4.10's

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Wrinkles are usually a sign of failed glue, that is supposed to hold the roof down. When towing at higher speed, the wind up draft lifts the rubber up (billowing) causing it to stretch, leaving the wrinkles when parked. Have wife, or friend in another vehicle watch at road speed to check.

Jerry