cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sad day to winterize and put away for winter...

Shadow_Grey
Explorer
Explorer
Today my brother and I winterized our 5ers and put them in the shed for the winter. A couple of months (4-5) under cover while the cold winds blow...

'11 F150 XLT Red Candy Met. Ecoboost 4X4 Screw 5.5', Max Tow,Reese R16k 5th wheel hitch,Ride-Rite Air Springs, E Rated Tires, Extang Cover
'13 Keystone Cougar X-Lite 29RES,triple slides,Mor/Ryde suspension, Reese 5th Airborne Sidewinder, 16" E rated tires
23 REPLIES 23

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Sad indeed as we've done the same, but since it's in our side yard, we still go out and sleep in it and will till we take the batteries out for the deep freeze part of winter.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

Veebyes ,

Are you trying to win the who has more toys contest !! I LIKE IT !!!
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Oh Boo Hoo! We did ours last Monday. Won't see it again till next April. Trailer or truck.

Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

I NEED THAT SHED !!!!
DW and I have spoke several times about moving,,, I told her that the only way we go elsewhere is if the house has a garage/shed large enough for the truck and trailer... well , we are not moving !
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Shadow_Grey
Explorer
Explorer
We talked about maybe sneaking away down South in January or February to grab some warn sunshine if the weather breaks a little and our schedules match up.

The shed is nice for storage and everything else. Should make the campers last longer too.

My brother, a friend or two and I built that shed about 10 years ago...we are almost ready for a big garage sale as it is starting to get pretty tight in there with all our junk. 50 x 100 wasn't big enough...there is the 15 x 50 addition on the left with the small garage door. We poured it all in concrete including the front apron but left the drive and turnaround area in rock so it was easier on the suspension and tires. We can both turn our 5ers around in front of the shed, making it much easier coming in off the main road.
'11 F150 XLT Red Candy Met. Ecoboost 4X4 Screw 5.5', Max Tow,Reese R16k 5th wheel hitch,Ride-Rite Air Springs, E Rated Tires, Extang Cover
'13 Keystone Cougar X-Lite 29RES,triple slides,Mor/Ryde suspension, Reese 5th Airborne Sidewinder, 16" E rated tires

Splashers3
Explorer
Explorer
We are winterizing tomorrow - it's terribly sad.

OP - nice storage "shed". Wish I had one of those. I have the room, but I'd have to cut down a lot of trees...the landscaping required might cost more than the building...
2017 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali, C/C, D/A, DRW, w/40gal Aux tank, 18K B&W Patriot.
2019 Cedar Creek Hathaway, 34RL2 - w/Bells & Whistles and disc brakes
Traded 2009 Cedar Creek Silverback, GII, 32 WRL

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
I hear that it will be 27F on Tuesday night in Portland Oregon. I guess it is that time of year.

Sad but it happens!

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com

dezl_dr
Explorer
Explorer
Sad in deed, I was thinking the same thing. Had to winterize the rv and jetskis today. Shame, so nice of mini home and so much invested not to use it. 4 months or so.
I built a building to store it in and left some room to board another one.

We all can't live down south.
2014 F-350 DRW, 2010 Elite Suites 38'

jamway
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry to hear about putting your trailer to bed for the winter.

We put our trailer in the shed this afternoon and my wife was on the phone planning for a trip the last part of this month. This was before we got the dirty clothes out.

We will not winterize it. We have never winterized a trailer.
Happy Camping

2004 2500 CTD HO LB 4X4 auto
2005 Discover America 29 RL

James