cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I use leveling system for tire repair/maintenance?

aksundog
Explorer
Explorer
Hello guys,

I have a fairly new High Country 340BH (Keystone), and it came with the Ground Control 3.0 leveling system from Lippert.

I went to Sears today to get a 10 ton bottle jack and jack stands for lifting the trailer when I need to fix or maintain the tires/wheels. However, I'm curious to know if it would be advisable to use the Ground Control system for this instead? It seems to me to be a more safe and stable option, assuming the system can handle the weight, which it seems to have no problem with.

Best regards.
17 REPLIES 17

lpxguy
Explorer
Explorer
how about using both....leveling system as a safety factor & bottle jack to lift the axle off the ground?!
2005 GMC Sierra 3500 CC DRW D/A(FOR SALE)
2013 Crusader 335BHS TE(FOR SALE)

aksundog
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Dakota, I read that too, but that's really not interesting to me. It's just legal protection blathering by the manufacturer. They'd tell me not to drive faster than 20 mph when towing, if they could.

I'm more interested in what will keep me alive, and sliding around under a 12,000 pound trailer with a bottle jack and stands while adolescent teenagers are texting and driving by me at 80mph just doesn't inspire confidence. I'd prefer to let the leveling system do that, regardless of whether they want me to.

I dunno, I suppose I'll have to see what others have done with the same system.

Dakota98
Explorer
Explorer
From Lippert.

WARNING!
FAILURE TO ACT IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE FOLLOWING MAY RESULT IN SERIOUS
PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH.
THE USE OF THE GROUND CONTROL - GEN II TO SUPPORT THE UNIT FOR ANY REASON
OTHER THAN WHICH IT IS INTENDED IS PROHIBITED BY LIPPERT’S LIMITED WARRANTY. THE
LIPPERT LEVELING SYSTEM IS DESIGNED AS A “LEVELING” SYSTEM ONLY AND SHOULD NOT
BE USED TO PROVIDE SERVICE FOR ANY REASON UNDER THE COACH SUCH AS CHANGING
TIRES OR SERVICING THE LEVELING SYSTEM.
I'm an expert in only one field....I believe it's somewhere in Kansas.

2000 / 22' SKYLINE NOMAD LITE
1998 DODGE DAKOTA / 5.2L= 8mpg.
2006 POLARIS ATV
1500/1200 Watt Champion generator
Yada Wireless Back Up Camera
1998 Dyna Wide Glide
USMC 68-74