cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slide out sticking as it slides out.

ed-myrna
Explorer
Explorer
My 2013 Cougar 5th whl. has 3 slides. They are operated by a cable continues loop set up. Seemed to work OK for the first while. Now as they slide out, they kind of jerk out, like it sticks and releases, sticks and releases. I have attempted to lubricate the nylon bar that it slides on with a silicon spray, but it doesn't seem to help. Anyone else have this problem and what did you do about it. I have spoken to the dealer, he suggested cable adjustment, but that hasn't helped.
3 REPLIES 3

Toolguy5
Explorer II
Explorer II
Try some rubber seal lubricant on your wiper seals. After it dries put baby powder on them. If they are stiff and dry they will cause friction on slides moving in and out.

This may not be it but it may help.
Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess Rainbow Bridge 8/8/2023
2020 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
2021 Jayco Eagle 319MLOK
BWRVK 3710 companion
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013

ed-myrna
Explorer
Explorer
It only happens on the two larger slides. I notice that the bedroom slide has rollers, but the larger slides slide out on a nylon bar. I've checked the floor area under that it slides on and there is no damage and everything is smooth. Both slides will work smoothly from time to time. ???

Michelle_S
Explorer II
Explorer II
Is it happening on all slides or just one? We have the Cable system on our Bedroom slide and it started the jerking, stop/start while going out, would do it coming in, but not as noticeable. Turned out we had a broken tooth in the gear box.
2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Dual AC, Fireplace, Sleep #Bed, Auto Sat Dish, Stack Washer/Dryer, Auto Level Sys, Disk Brakes, Onan Gen, 17.5" "H" tires, MORryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride, Dual Awnings, Full Body Paint