cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Slideout grease

copper_canyon_2
Explorer
Explorer
Going to clean the slideout rails so it want be so loud . What type lube do yall use
8 REPLIES 8

remdog_1
Explorer
Explorer
Boeshield t-9

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
I use a spray can of graphite that goes on like paint.
I use Slip-Plate brand and there are others.

George_H
Explorer
Explorer
I carry a block of canning wax, rub it on the gears when I think of it (3 or 4 times a year depending on use). 12 years with no rust or noise.
George, Juanita and Mandie (boss Shar-Pei)
01 F350, PSD, DRW
05 Carri-Lite 32RS3

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
ScottG wrote:
I've used dry lube for years but I recently noticed that after I run the slide in and out a couple of times, the lube is gone and the teeth start rusting.
I'm going to try something a little more clingy, like chain lube. I don't care if it attracts dust - it's still better than metal on metal gear gnash.

If your getting a lot of squeal when the slides are moving, you might look and see if your system has some rubber rollers that the floor runs on. I found that all the horrendous screeching was coming from these wheels.
They're mounted on a simple bolt so I supported the slide with a jack, removed the bolts and greased them.
Slide has never run so quiet!

We used to put a squirt of graphite powder in the seed boxes of our planter with each refill and the seed plates would still rust when it was humid. Just because there's rust, doesn't mean that there's no lube. Just sayin'...

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

BobKrogstie
Explorer
Explorer
I use this one: 3-in-1
Bob and Natalie
2008 Grand Junction 37QSB
2009 Dodge 3500DRW Big Horn 4X2/CC/LB/CTD/4:10/Auto

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I've used dry lube for years but I recently noticed that after I run the slide in and out a couple of times, the lube is gone and the teeth start rusting.
I'm going to try something a little more clingy, like chain lube. I don't care if it attracts dust - it's still better than metal on metal gear gnash.

If your getting a lot of squeal when the slides are moving, you might look and see if your system has some rubber rollers that the floor runs on. I found that all the horrendous screeching was coming from these wheels.
They're mounted on a simple bolt so I supported the slide with a jack, removed the bolts and greased them.
Slide has never run so quiet!

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
No grease. Use dry lube.

dry lube

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
copper canyon 252 wrote:
Going to clean the slideout rails so it want be so loud . What type lube do yall use

My old Komfort said "clean, no lube". Can't remember what the manual for my new KZ says (need to re-read). Use a "dry" lube, if anything. Keeps dirt and other cr@p from sticking.

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member