Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sunny Brook 30RKF (1996) fuse box

Fillinup
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,
I picked up my 1st 5th wheel camper last weekend and I'm very happy with it. It's a 1996 Sunnybrook 30RKFS. I had to fit a battery and I was confused by the wire colors. I seemed to remember the seller telling me that all the white ones were?? - I had an ADD moment.. Anyway, 1st attempt I think I hooked them up wrong and eventually settled on white as positive. Odd hooking up red wires to a negative terminal!
After that, the radio didn't work.. so I'm guessing I blew a fuse. I teseted AC, Microwave and Fridge.. all good. But for the life of me I can't find a fuse box.
Converter is under the oven and there are some (what look like) breaker switches in the back right kitchen floor cupboard. But no fuses.? Manual is no real help.
If anyone knows where it is, please can you share?! Oh.. and no guessing.. I already did all that. lol

🙂

Edit:- added the date.. duh!!
8 REPLIES 8

ralphnjoann
Explorer
Explorer
Fillinup wrote:
Thanks for the help everyone. I found the fuses. They were inside the converter box. I was looking for a large panel separate from that, as that is how I heard they look. But I decided to unscrew one side and take a peep anyway. Also, the white cables are negatives on my trailer. I had it on my generator and it was all working fine. For some reason the kitchen extractor fan is spinning the wrong way and actually blowing. The bathroom one doesn't work so I can't test that yet. Perhaps the kitchen one was replaced at some point as I will need to do with the bathroom.
So it looks like I am all set. Thank you. Jeff

Used to be red was positive and green was ground. Now black is positive and white is ground. Must be a government thing.

Fillinup
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the help everyone. I found the fuses. They were inside the converter box. I was looking for a large panel separate from that, as that is how I heard they look. But I decided to unscrew one side and take a peep anyway. Also, the white cables are negatives on my trailer. I had it on my generator and it was all working fine. For some reason the kitchen extractor fan is spinning the wrong way and actually blowing. The bathroom one doesn't work so I can't test that yet. Perhaps the kitchen one was replaced at some point as I will need to do with the bathroom.
So it looks like I am all set. Thank you. Jeff

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
There are many SB owners on www.myrvtalk.com
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

Fillinup
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the link and info.. I'll check it all out.

Cheers.. Jeff

mpfireman
Explorer
Explorer
There is a master 12 volt fuse locater in the trailers snout. Located in the electrical box. Remove the cover, and you will see the fuse. IT IS A RESET TYPE OF FUSE, a small red button is located on the side, just press it to re set your 12 volt system. My 98 sunny brook is that way.
1998.5 Dodge Ram Quad Cab Cummins
1998 Sunnybrook 27RKFS Fiver

jbtaz
Explorer
Explorer
There is a group of current and former owners of Sunnybrooks on MyRV Talk. It is the old Snnybrook forum. Might be able to help you.
http://www.myrvtalk.com/index.php

Fillinup
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks.. Im sure I checked those. And your breaker box is in a different place than mine. I looked at your floorplan and it's close to mine. I wish they would keep things the same lol

I checked the local fuse for the radio and it's fine.. just nothing going to it. - mystified!!

Thanks. Jeff

smj224
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2001 Sunnybrook and my 12volt fuses are in the bathroom cabinet and my breaker box is in the area of the bedroom steps. If I recall the radio should have its own in line fuse.

Hope that helps
Bryan & Sherry
2001 Sunnybrook 31 BWFS 5er
2001 Ford F350 DRW 7.3