Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tie downs for 2 motorcycles

Kober
Explorer
Explorer

Click For Full-Size Image.

So I tied down 2 bikes with disastrous results. Since there is no center tiedown in front for both handlebars, I had to use the middle one to keep both bikes upright. As you can see that was too much for it mainly, I suspect because there was no shock absorption like there is when you compress the front forks as you tie the handlebars down.

Question, Is there a reason the manufacturer never installed a center front tiedown or can I install one myself?
2014 Coachmen Freelander 29qb, towing a trailer with my toys:
2020 Honda Talon SXS, or
2006 Royal Star Tour Deluxe
2008 Road Star 1100
PATRIOT GUARD RIDER, AMERICAN LEGION RIDER
Retired 25 years US ARMY, retired 24 years business owner
16 REPLIES 16

William_Willard
Explorer
Explorer
Amazon has tie downs for Toy Haulers -- They have a kit of 4 -- It has backer plates & bolts -- They are rated at 6000 lbs -- East to install -- I installed 8 in a toy hauler that had tie downs like your`s has -- Bill Willard

lap527
Explorer
Explorer
We don't have toy hauler but we have enclosed trailer and we put 3 sections of etrax down. We secured them on the bottom with huge washers so they wouldn't pull through. That is also in addition to our chocks. They have been problem free with 2 Harleys and a trike. A lot depends on what's underneath your garage area. Etrax makes it easy because you can' adjust clips for whatever is needed. Good luck!
2006 Dodge 3500 dually 4X4 / 2013 Livin Lite 10.0 TC /Torklift talons, fastguns, stableloads, superhitch, and truss/ towing a
14'V Nose Trailer when needed.